Edit Status Text for Device

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Edit Status Text for Device

I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction.
    I have a pressure transducer attached to a Mimolite. The output of the Mimolite just gives my raw data.
    Therefore, I needed to convert that raw data into a meaningful psi reading.
    They way i did it was under Status Graphic, I edited the Stats Text for device.
    I entered the different ranges of output from the mimolite and associated it with a specific PSI.
    I had about 10 entries - precision was not necessary.
    It worked great for about a month but then the ranges i specified all disappeared and the entire section under Status Text reverted back to its original settings which is one entry for the entire range of values. .
    So I have 2 questions..
    1. Is it acceptable to make the conversion this way?
    2. If it is acceptable, how do I make the settings permanent or can i at least back them up?
    Thanks
    Joe

I think you should post this is the forum for the mimolite plug-in. It's possible the plug-in is updating the HS device and overwriting your changes.
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

@UM It's part of the z-wave plugin, there's no separate mimolite plugin. The z-wave plugin can reset those settings, especially when you rescan the device. Might be best to create a virtual device and then an event to change the virtual device when the mimolite device changes. There are a few ways to set the value of one device to another including scripts/immediate script commands and the EasyTrigger plugin.
      HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
      Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
        @UM It's part of the z-wave plugin, there's no separate mimolite plugin. The z-wave plugin can reset those settings, especially when you rescan the device.
        Ahhh. So the "mimolite plug-in" is actually the Z-wave plug-in. I guess everyone but those few of us who don't use it assume Z-wave unless otherwise specified. (There is a Z-wave forum, of course, but I'm not sure anyone knows it exists. . .or why. )

Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
        HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Thanks everyone for your input. I’ll checkout the recommendations.

Comment

Thanks Sparkman for the tip on using the EasyTrigger plugin. It did the trick! I just created a virtual device and use EasyTrigger to assign the value from the Mimolite device.

Comment

Working...
            X