Big RED Question Mark on Items

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big RED Question Mark on Items

1, So using HS3 on a Pi, I have about 20+ devices, been slowly adding items over the last week or 2 all fine, yesterday I added the last 6, one was a Fibaro device and that went on with a fault, removed it correctly, repeated still a fault factory reset the unit fault clears. learns on other 5 devices.
    Now as per the attached image I get only on some devices a BIG RED ? anyone have any ideas.
    Im on a Pi3 running an Everspring Z-Wave Usb dongle.

2, can I run a 2nd Everspring Usb Dongle on the same Pi to split the load?
    Attached Files

The ? indicates that HS has never received a status input for the device, and thus it's indicated status is "Unknown". Most likely, the device didn't add properly to the Z-Wave network. This can happen if during inclusion, the device doesn't properly communicate with the controller due to distance or interference. You may want to try a ReScan on the device first, but the best solution might be to Remove the device per Z-Wave removal procedure and then once you're certain it has been properly deleted, re-Add it with the device in close proximity to your Z-Wave controller and perform a Re-Scan, then Optimize to be sure. Watch the log for errors during the procedure.
    Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Thankyou. I live in a fairly small house so everything is quite close, one of the ones showing ? has been on the system a week or so with no issues and now the controller is actually closer than it was when I set it up.
      The one shown is no more than 5m from the dongle very weird. i'll have a play tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by Alarm_guy1 View Post
        Thankyou. I live in a fairly small house so everything is quite close, one of the ones showing ? has been on the system a week or so with no issues and now the controller is actually closer than it was when I set it up.
        The one shown is no more than 5m from the dongle very weird. i'll have a play tomorrow
        I hear you. Z-Wave can be a bit flakey when you have a small network.
        Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Exclude and then include should fix it. What I do is delete the child devices, leaving the Root. ReScanning the root will create the missing devices.
          Blair

HomeSeer: HS3 Pro 3.0.0.435
          Hometroller S6 | Devices: 601 | Events: 202
          Plug-Ins: Z-Wave .190 | HSTouch | RFXCOM | UltraRachio3
          BLLAN | NetCAM | Global Cache Pro | Blur-Iris :rolleyes:

Comment

ooh that sounds like a plan, I was dreading taking all the light fittings apart again cheers. im on it now :-)

Comment

Working...
            X