Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After updating Homeseer and Zwave plugin, my controller disappeared!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After updating Homeseer and Zwave plugin, my controller disappeared!

I had updated my Homeseer and Z-wave plugin to do some troubleshooting related to setting up the Homeseer android app and I noticed that my z-wave light module stopped reacting (when I clicked on or off, nothing would happen). I also noticed that when I started up HS3, I see these errors when the program starts up:
    2019-06-25 2:35:31 PM ~!~Starting Plug-In~!~Initializing plugin Z-Wave ...
    2019-06-25 2:35:31 PM ~!~Z-Wave~!~InitIO called, plug-in version 3.0.1.252 is being initialized...
    2019-06-25 2:35:31 PM ~!~Z-Wave Error~!~Exception in Loop area of RestoreInterfaceSettings: You must provide a valid model when initializing this class.
    2019-06-25 2:35:31 PM ~!~Z-Wave~!~Database: Opening (Mode=Read Only) up HomeSeer database C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Data\Z-Wave\Z-Wave2.db
    2019-06-25 2:35:32 PM ~!~Z-Wave~!~Loading Z-Wave Network Objects...
    2019-06-25 2:35:32 PM ~!~Z-Wave~!~1 total Z-Wave Network Objects loaded.
    2019-06-25 2:35:32 PM ~!~Z-Wave~!~Loading Z-Wave Data Objects...
    2019-06-25 2:35:32 PM ~!~Z-Wave~!~1 Networks were restored from the data in the database... Building data connections.
    2019-06-25 2:35:32 PM ~!~Z-Wave~!~Network 00E708D5 has 15 device data elements.
    2019-06-25 2:35:32 PM ~!~Z-Wave~!~15 total Z-Wave Data Objects loaded.
    2019-06-25 2:35:32 PM ~!~Z-Wave~!~0 event actions were loaded from HomeSeer.
    2019-06-25 2:35:32 PM ~!~Starting Plug-In~!~Plugin Z-Wave started successfully in 476 milliseconds
    2019-06-25 2:35:32 PM ~!~Z-Wave~!~0 event triggers were loaded from HomeSeer.
    2019-06-25 2:35:32 PM ~!~Z-Wave Error~!~Exception in Loop area of RestoreInterfaceSettings: You must provide a valid model when initializing this class.
    2019-06-25 2:35:32 PM ~!~Z-Wave~!~465 Simple AV Control Command Class Control Commands have been loaded successfully.
    2019-06-25 2:35:32 PM ~!~Starting Plug-In~!~Z-Wave loaded in 706 milliseconds
    2019-06-25 2:35:32 PM ~!~Plug-In~!~Finished initializing plug-in Z-Wave

I checked the PLUG-INS->Z-Wave->Controller Management and see this:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/3zhyxvmra5...oller.jpg?dl=0

I don't usually view this page often, but if I recall, I would see my z-wave controller listed. Has anyone ever run into this before and found a way to get back up and running? Thanks!

HomeSeer version is: 3.0.0.534
    Z-Wave, version: 3.0.1.252

I'm thinking that Homeseer might have removed support for my controller. I have a Wayne-Dalton WDUSB-10 and when I try to re-add the interface, my controller is no longer listed in the Interface Model dropdown box. I guess I should not have updated?

Comment

It might be worth trying to update the zwave plugin to the beta version (.261). I've noticed that my new zwave smartstick gives constant errors in the Generally Available (GA) version but it is fine in the beta version. The plugin is easy enough to update back to the GA version if need be.
      BTW, make sure you have selected the right controller on the drop-down of available models.
      James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

I'm not sure how to get the beta version (when you update through the UI, you can't grab any betas, can you?). But I think I may have a hardware or driver issue. I checked my dongle and the light on it is no longer lighting up (it used to when it was working). I tried different USB ports and it still wouldn't detect it. It's highly suspicious that it stopped working after the updates, but it is possible that the dongle happened to die around the same time, but I'm leaning towards a driver issue. The dongle is getting old and may no longer be supported with the latest HS3 (which seems odd as it shoulndn't have removed the drivers/interface during upgrade, but not impossible).

I've purchased a new dongle (I supposed it's time I upgraded anyway) and will try this route. Hopefully this resolves my issue and I'll try to report back with my results. If not, I may have to get support from HS directly.
        Thanks.

Comment

Well, I got the new controller and my PC recognizes it just fine, so it looks like my old controller did die (or drivers failed). Now I just realized that I can't un-enroll any of my devices that were enrolled with my dead controller to use with the new one! D'OH!

Comment

Originally posted by Deadeye View Post
            Well, I got the new controller and my PC recognizes it just fine, so it looks like my old controller did die (or drivers failed). Now I just realized that I can't un-enroll any of my devices that were enrolled with my dead controller to use with the new one! D'OH!
            You can use ANY controller to exclude a device.

Comment

Ah! That's AWESOME! I thought it HAD to be the device it was enrolled with.

I just tried it and it worked! Thank you!!

Comment

If HomeSeer's restore worked you should have simply been able to restore the latest Z-Wave backup onto your new controller and everything would be fine.

Comment

I don't think I've ever done a backup, so I don't have anything to restore.

Comment

Originally posted by Deadeye View Post
                    I don't think I've ever done a backup, so I don't have anything to restore.
                    There's plenty of automated Z-Wave ones whenever you add/remove devices - but again they'er worthless unless you happen to have the one and only Z-Wave stick that HomeSeer's restore works with.

Comment

Working...
                    X