Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't connect to HS3 Pro via local network, MyHS works fine, why - Solved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't connect to HS3 Pro via local network, MyHS works fine, why - Solved!

Background: At one point and for a long time, I was able to connect to HS3 on my local network, same subnet, via the web interface with no issues. As far as I know, the only changes were HS3 version updates. I do not recall making other changes and/or adding new plug-ins. One day I discovered that I can no longer get to the web interface via the local network. HS3 Pro is running on Windows 10 (headless). I can get to the host machine via RDP and the web interface runs fine on the HS3 machine itself. MyHS remotely works fine also. This is a dedicated machine with no 3rd-party security software running on it.

Observations/actions: I have since disabled Windows Firewall (the result is "connection refused" when I try to connect to the web interface), with Windows Firewall enabled, the browser reports connection timed out. I can ping the machine. HS3 Pro can obviously make outbound local connections because it communicates with Rachio, Ecobee, etc. on the same network just fine.

I added my subnet xxx.xxx and loopback 127.0. to the Subnet section under network settings, defaulted port to 80, but nothing has worked.

My network integrity is fine and I can connect to every other host except HS.

I have found a few threads with similar issues, but none provided a resolve.

I would appreciate any help or ideas.

Thanks.

On Setup/Network, do you have Enable Server for Remote Access unchecked? I've locked myself out that way a couple of times.
    Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Originally posted by Wadenut View Post
      On Setup/Network, do you have Enable Server for Remote Access unchecked? I've locked myself out that way a couple of times.
      No, Enable Server for Remote Access is checked (enabled). Also, there are no error logs that show any failed connection attempt. Any other ideas? Thanks.

Comment

Sorry, that's all I had. Bit me a couple of times.

Comment

I get similar behavior if I uncheck no password required. I had to move the backup of settings.ini and Z-Wave.ini after I tested to be able to get back in. I then had to login to the HS-Server to get it back to normal. Hope this helps.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2019-06-30 15-54-13.png
Views:	674
Size:	13.3 KB
ID:	1313401

Comment

Originally posted by AllHailJ View Post
            I get similar behavior if I uncheck no password required. I had to move the backup of settings.ini and Z-Wave.ini after I tested to be able to get back in. I then had to login to the HS-Server to get it back to normal. Hope this helps.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2019-06-30 15-54-13.png
Views:	674
Size:	13.3 KB
ID:	1313401
            Thanks, I just resolved the problem. After seeing the post from Wadenut, I decided to toggle OFF the remote management. I then went to the ini file and changed it back to true so I can launch the web interface on the HS3 machine. Somehow, thereafter, it started to work. Go figure!

Comment

Pretty much my experience, only I'd brought it on myself accidentally on a remote machine. Had to edit the file then restart HS thru VNC to fix it.

Comment

Working...
              X