How do you replace a Z-Wave Stick+?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you replace a Z-Wave Stick+?

So I'm needing to replace a possible faulty Z-Wave Stick+. The info I've found on here to do it consisted of just going into the PLUGINS>ZWAVE>CONTROLLER MANAGEMENT>BACKUP..... then removing the old Stick+ and putting in the new one... then going back and hitting RESTORE. But when I do this it's looking for same random file (not the backup file that I created) that is supposed to be located in the damn folder at the backup file. So it fails.

I then read on another thread to backup... then just go to the Stick node from the DEVICE MANAGEMENT page, going in and deleting it manually. Then install the new Stick+, and try to RESTORE. Well it's still looking for the same file thats not there and never was there. I then just selected IMPORT NODE INFO FROM CONTROLLER AND SCAN DEVICES.

Doing this caused the following:
    ----------------

Loading network information from your Z-Wave interface...
    Done.
    Synchronizing network information against HomeSeer devices...
    Getting Z-Wave node list for network CF9C0063...
    Found 53 Z-Wave nodes
    Syncing Z-Wave nodes with device list...
    Synchronize nodes finished. Number of device nodes to be created/added = 2
    Device synchronization needs to get Z-Wave class information for one node.
    Warning: Failed to retrieve Z-Wave class information for node 4, device synchronization/creation will not continue for this node.
    Warning: Failed to retrieve Z-Wave class information for node 27, device synchronization/creation will not continue for this node.
    Warning: Failed to retrieve Z-Wave class information for node 28, device synchronization/creation will not continue for this node.
    Warning: Failed to retrieve Z-Wave class information for node 29, device synchronization/creation will not continue for this node.
    Warning: Failed to retrieve Z-Wave class information for node 31, device synchronization/creation will not continue for this node.
    Warning: Failed to retrieve Z-Wave class information for node 32, device synchronization/creation will not continue for this node.
    Warning: Failed to retrieve Z-Wave class information for node 34, device synchronization/creation will not continue for this node.
    Warning: Failed to retrieve Z-Wave class information for node 35, device synchronization/creation will not continue for this node.
    Warning: Failed to retrieve Z-Wave class information for node 40, device synchronization/creation will not continue for this node.
    Warning: Failed to retrieve Z-Wave class information for node 45, device synchronization/creation will not continue for this node.
    Warning: Failed to retrieve Z-Wave class information for node 50, device synchronization/creation will not continue for this node.
    Warning: Failed to retrieve Z-Wave class information for node 54, device synchronization/creation will not continue for this node.
    Warning: Failed to retrieve Z-Wave class information for node 55, device synchronization/creation will not continue for this node.
    Warning: Failed to retrieve Z-Wave class information for node 56, device synchronization/creation will not continue for this node.
    Warning: Failed to retrieve Z-Wave class information for node 57, device synchronization/creation will not continue for this node.
    Warning: Failed to retrieve Z-Wave class information for node 61, device synchronization/creation will not continue for this node.
    Warning: Failed to retrieve Z-Wave class information for node 62, device synchronization/creation will not continue for this node.
    Warning: Failed to retrieve Z-Wave class information for node 74, device synchronization/creation will not continue for this node.
    Adding using S0 Security, Negotiating or Verifying SECURITY SCHEME for node 1
    Warning: Failed to get a SECURITY SCHEME or verify the key from node 1. Device may not be added properly to HomeSeer.
    Warning: If this is an import, you may need to remove and add the device as some devices cannot be added with an import.
    Node: 1 Supports Class(es): ZWAVEPLUS_INFO, BASIC_V2, CONTROLLER_REPLICATION, APPLICATION_STATUS, SCENE_ACTIVATION, TRANSPORT_SERVICE, CRC_16_ENCAP, ASSOCIATION_GRP_INFO_V2, DEVICE_RESET_LOCALLY, IRRIGATION, SUPERVISION, MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC_V2, POWERLEVEL, INCLUSION_CONTROLLER, SOUND_SWITCH, ASSOCIATION, VERSION, MULTI_INSTANCE_ASSOCIATION, SECURITY, SECURITY_2
    Node: 1 Controls Class(es): MARK
    Node 1 is a Z-Wave Plus node. Retrieving ZWPlus Info...
    Root Node Device Node 1 Z-Wave Sigma Static Controller was created for node 1 on network CF9C0063
    3 out of 3 Child devices of node 1 were created successfully.
    Finished with Z-Wave device synchronization.
    ------------------

So all of the "WARNING" nodes above are battery operated devices. I tested them and none communicate with the system anymore.

BTW I have a copy of the original HS3 folder as a backup, so I can overwrite anything if need be.

Thoughts?

Thanks all!

You can browse to the file you created using the first option in the drop down list.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Yes, it starts to load it then stops,at the top of the screen it says it's looking for another file which isn't there.

Comment

As you can see from the screenshot below... I'm trying to load the old backup file that was used for the old Stick+, filename ZNet_F9AD5AA1.ZWAVE
        But once I hit START, the 4 lines appear then the FILE ERROR: at the top[ of the screen in yellow which is looking for NVR681.BIN which i checked that location and that file is not in there. I never created a file with that name before so I do not know why it's looking for it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	yep.jpg
Views:	553
Size:	81.9 KB
ID:	1316173

Comment

Next thing I tried... so in PLUGINS > ZWAVE > CONTROLLER MANAGEMENT Under Z-Wave Interfaces I hit ADD INTERFACE, plugged the new Stick+ in and added it. So now there are 2 Stick+ units and 2 Z-wave networks with different HomeIDs.

The new Stick+ has 1 Node, while the old one still has it's 52 nodes.

On the old Stick+ I "Back up this interface" then on the new Stick+ I try to "Restore a network to this interface" but again it's looking for that nvr681.bin.... but if I "Restore" the file back on the old Stick+, it will load no problem.

So, how exactly do I move all the nodes over from the old stick+ network to the new one to test it out?

Thanks all!

Comment

Originally posted by Integraoligist View Post
            Next thing I tried... so in PLUGINS > ZWAVE > CONTROLLER MANAGEMENT Under Z-Wave Interfaces I hit ADD INTERFACE, plugged the new Stick+ in and added it. So now there are 2 Stick+ units and 2 Z-wave networks with different HomeIDs.

The new Stick+ has 1 Node, while the old one still has it's 52 nodes.

On the old Stick+ I "Back up this interface" then on the new Stick+ I try to "Restore a network to this interface" but again it's looking for that nvr681.bin.... but if I "Restore" the file back on the old Stick+, it will load no problem.

So, how exactly do I move all the nodes over from the old stick+ network to the new one to test it out?

Thanks all!
            You're going to need rjh involved.

Comment

I messaged him, thanks!

Comment

Working...
              X