New Mono Version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Mono Version

I am running HS3 Pro on an Ubuntu 18.04 server install within a vm. I did an apt upgrade and saw what looked to be an extensive update for Mono.

I declined the update and wanted to see if anyone has updated and if HS3 works fine after update?

Sent from my Galaxy S10 using Tapatalk

Do not do it
    Wait for a new version to arrive . Chek to last post on the forum about this

Comment

Originally posted by WhitW View Post
      I am running HS3 Pro on an Ubuntu 18.04 server install within a vm. I did an apt upgrade and saw what looked to be an extensive update for Mono.

I declined the update and wanted to see if anyone has updated and if HS3 works fine after update?

Sent from my Galaxy S10 using Tapatalk
      What version? I keep my dev system updated pretty frequently and I've seen no issues yet.

Comment

Mono 5.20.1.34 i presume.https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...r-mono-upgrade

Comment

Originally posted by MattL0 View Post
          I just did a check and the there's a new mono 6.0.0.313 that is available... I just installed it so I'll see if HS3 works or not.

Comment

Tried it. Memory consumption is leaking fast I think. That a preview. I do not remeber if it has the same issue as 5.20.1.34...didn’t test long enought

I prefer to return to 5.18.1.3 and wait.

Comment

The preview of 6.x works and I loaded several plugins that are working. Not sure how can determine a memory leak in a matter of seconds... but I'm not seeing anything out of the ordinary but I'll let it run throughout the day and see.

Comment

Can you try to run a script?

Comment

Originally posted by simplextech View Post
                  The preview of 6.x works and I loaded several plugins that are working. Not sure how can determine a memory leak in a matter of seconds... but I'm not seeing anything out of the ordinary but I'll let it run throughout the day and see.
                  I also try a a built near 300. I have a memory leak on my system.. and with this built the leak was exponential... hs3 process was at 250mb in less tant 2 hours.

313 seems to rise too. So didn’t take the chance and was tired of testing

Comment

Originally posted by MattL0 View Post
                    Can you try to run a script?
                    That does what? VB or C#? I don't have a need for many scripts running from HS so be more specific. And there are known problems with the CSharp scripting that I doubt has been worked out yet.

I'm sure in previous testing you've done (which I saw your posts) you saw leaks however making the blanket statement in a few seconds of running based on previous releases is premature at best. I also don't expect this to run perfect as it is pre-release and besides it's Mono it's always had problems which is why I don't run my HS3 Prod box on Linux even though I'm a Unix Engineer by trade.

Comment

I have upgraded to mono and have been checking memory. I do not appear to have leaks after 40 minutes. All of the plugins loaded and are running. I am running Ubuntu 18.04 LTS Server. I have a start up script that ran without issue and created the global variables. I also ran a water script for GoControl Irrigation controller and that worked. The in-line scripts I use in HSTouch are working. Still monitoring

Comment

Originally posted by simplextech View Post

That does what? VB or C#? I don't have a need for many scripts running from HS so be more specific. And there are known problems with the CSharp scripting that I doubt has been worked out yet.

I'm sure in previous testing you've done (which I saw your posts) you saw leaks however making the blanket statement in a few seconds of running based on previous releases is premature at best. I also don't expect this to run perfect as it is pre-release and besides it's Mono it's always had problems which is why I don't run my HS3 Prod box on Linux even though I'm a Unix Engineer by trade.
                        Looks like they deiced to release mono 6.

than i will load it and see ! Thanks for reporting .no i didn’t test it enought

Comment

ASPX page works good ! VB Scripts are okay!
                          Ok just installed mono 6 stable !

All seems good . will keep an eyes on my memory, but there is nothing i can do ... except trying to tack it down gain.

Comment

My scripts are VB.net. My memory usage is increasing and I will continue to monitor this and see if/when it crashes.

Comment

memory already at 352m after 1.5 hour. I hope it will go stable at one point! I do not care high amount of memory if it remains stable..

Seems like they tried to push something new into mono 5.1.x.x but it failed... so they transferred ( they had to)mono 6.0 to stable. I'm not sure if it was ready.
                              mono 6.0.0.313 was there like 3-4 days ago.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X