Adding device picks a node that's already in use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding device picks a node that's already in use

When I add a new z-wave device it is picking a node that already in use and tramples all over it making the original device unusable. I tried adding a PIR and it selected a node that was a wall socket and changed it to a battery device that would test ok for comms but not actually do any switching!

Removing the node using both devices doesn't fix the problem, as the removal shows OK but doesn't do anything.

I have tried the usual fixes such as deleting items from devices and from the root. I have tried reimporting, rescanning and backup/restore and nothing fixes it.

I can't find anything related in the forum, but there is so much stuff about including etc that I might have missed it...

Any ideas - I have wasted a whole day so far!!

Cheers
    Scott

What version of HS3 are you running? What version of the Z-Wave plugin are you running? Try going to Plugins > Manage and click on the Z-Wave plugin. Then choose the "Reset Z-Wave Data" button as something is corrupt in your Z-Wave tables.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Cheers Rupp, I'll try that. Here are the versions:
      Current Date/Time: 20/07/2019 11:52:20
      HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.534
      Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station
      System Uptime: 0 Days 0 Hours 11 Minutes 28 Seconds
      IP Address: 192.168.0.6
      Number of Devices: 900
      Number of Events: 384
      Available Threads: 400
      HSTouch Enabled: True
      Event Threads: 1
      Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
      Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
      Device Exec Queue: 7
      HSTouch Event Queue: 0
      Email Send Queue: 0
      Anti Virus Installed: Windows Defender
      In Virtual Machine: No MFG: asustek computer inc.
      Enabled Plug-Ins
      1.0.0.147: Arduino Plugin
      2.0.61.0: BLBackup
      3.0.46.0: BLGData
      2.0.31.0: BLRing
      1.3.7.3: Device History
      3.0.0.65: EasyTrigger
      3.0.0.41: PHEvoHome
      3.0.0.63: PHLocation2
      30.0.0.38: RFXCOM
      3.3.5.17921: SMS-Gateway
      3.1.0.28: Sonos
      3.0.7125.16191: UltraLighting3
      3.0.6644.26753: UltraLog3
      3.0.6554.33094: UltraMon3
      3.0.6413.20219: UltraNetCam3
      3.0.1.18: weatherXML
      3.0.2.240: Z-Wave

Cheers
      Scott

Comment

Rupp - what does resetting the z-wave data do and what do I need to do after I have reset it?

Scott

Comment

OK. changed the zWave PI to 3.0.1.252 which looks like a non-beta release. Same problem. Its a mess!!! 2 days now wasted - Looks like I'm going to have to rebuild the whole damn thing from scratch - not impressed!!!

The new nodes (TKB Wall sockets) have been excluded and manually reset before trying to add as new

Time to look at a new system I think

Comment

How many Z-Wave devices do you have? After 232 you need to start a new network.

Comment

The system report says 900. Of which about 190 is a z-wave device and its children.

I tried a brand new, out of the box wall socket and had the same issue - tried to add it as an existing node.

Comment

Did you try resetting your Z-Wave data as previously mentioned?

Comment

Yes. Did that a few times. I ended up recovering backups from a week ago for the zwave and HS3 to at least get the existing kit working. I now have most of it working, just can't add any new devices

Comment

Working...
                  X