Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Counters/ Timers not working as expected when filtering events

Hi,

Maybe I am missing something but in my event view, if I filter events referencing devices that are counters or timers, no events seem to appear. Is this expected? Below is an example of a timer selected that I know for a fact is associated with several events.

Thank you!
    Attached Files

I just tried it, and the filter worked as I expected. Do you have other events that refer to timers that you can test for?
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF, Rain8Net+ | RFXCOM | QSE100D | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | X10: XTB-232, -IIR | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3

Comment

Hi,

Thank you for the reply. I do have other counters and timers that are used and I get the same result, unfortunately (not working).

Attached Files

Comment

Just checked here and it works for me as well. I'm running .534 on Windows btw...
        HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Very odd - no idea what it could be. I am running also 3.0.0.534 (Windows). Thank you!

Comment

The filter is for referencing the timer devices, not the actual timers. Timer devices are copies of the timers. I have that feature disabled so I don't see my timers in the event device filter. But that would be a good thing to have, filtering events by timer reference. I use timers a lot and have had some difficult bugs to chase when I accidentally referenced the wrong timer.

Comment

To find Events using actual Timers and Counters (not the HS Devices) use Jon00's Event Viewer and Documenter. It allows you to filter on Timers, Counters, Scripts, other Events and even "Broken" Events.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	0 Size:	9.0 KB ID:	1317957
              Randy Prade
              Aurora, CO
              Prades.net

PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

Comment

Working...
              X