No announcement yet.

Event Help - Switching a homeseer switch on and off to trigger a flashing event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Event Help - Switching a homeseer switch on and off to trigger a flashing event

Homeseer Forum-

I am looking for some help creating the right event trigger for a use case
    • Use Case
      • Between 10 pm and 5 am the next day, if a sensor detects "motion", then control a device (light switch) to switch on a off for 10 seconds to indicate abnormal movement after hours
      • provide a message (pushover) that there is motion detected outside of normal hours
      • announce via Alexa (assume in the Alexa app) I have detected abnormal movement and I am alerting the proper authorities to be announcement on my amazon dots.
    • Devices
      • Homeseer WS100+ switch
      • HSM200 Sensor
    • I know how to trigger a message to pushover, I just do not know how to sequence the time window and the event to make a switch go on and off in some frequent succession to help indicate potential abnormality.
    Any help is greatly appreciated.

The simplest way to handle the flashing is to set up an event recurring every 10 seconds with a condition (AND IF) of a virtual device being on. Then in the actions turn off the light(s) wait 4 or 5 seconds and then turn on the light(s). To make it flash, turn on the virtual device. To make it stop, turn it off. I just tested this event and it works fine.

Click image for larger version

Name:	flash light.JPG
Views:	38
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	1317817

Comment

Working...
    X