Replacement Variables for device locations/names

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacement Variables for device locations/names

Are there replacement variables that would represent the Location 2 value and the Device Name of a given device? I would like to use these in an email notification if possible.

Chuck

That would be extremely useful, however I do not not see it in the list from the Help Files.

See this link for the documented replacement variables: http://help.homeseer.com/help/HS3/st...ment_variables
    Billy

Comment

Thanks for your reply. I had not referenced this list. My use case is with the Life360 plugin and sending email notices via an event. I would like to dynamically identify the person entering or exiting a specific zone. The person's identity is part of the "location" field. The zone is the device name.

Comment

I also use Life360 on our family phones. Not using the Life360 plugin, currently using PHLocation an its integration works great. Good luck on your project.
        Billy

Comment

I don't think there's an easy way to do it using "stock" HomeSeer (maybe through a scripting function, but I'm not sure) However, if you have the Easy Trigger plugin, and the device whose location you want is the triggering device, then you could get the info. using Easy Trigger's global variables. Specifically:

$$GLOBALVAR:ETDeviceLocation2:,
          $$GLOBALVAR:ETDeviceLocation1:

(Note that the colon at the end is mandatory).

Alternatively, if you could store the person's name in the "STRING" field for the device, instead of the Location field, you can get the string field using HomeSeer variable $$DSA: (address):

Comment

jvm thanks for your suggestion. I do have the easy trigger plugin. Am not familiar with the $$GLOBALVAR trigger. Will experiment with it to see if it will work in my use case. I will post back and let you know.

Comment

cfrudolphy Here's an example of how I use this for Battery Checking. Maybe this can help you figure out how the Easy Trigger global variables work. In this example, I've defined a group in Easy Trigger called "Batteries". That group contains all my battery devices. I then use the Easy Trigger group trigger "If any device's value in this group had its value set and is less than ..." which triggers on any device in the group reporting a value less than 40%. When that occurs, Easy Trigger sets it global variables to identify the device within the group that caused the trigger. I then send myself an email (actually, I send a text by using my carrier's email-to-text address) in which I use the variables to identify the specific device reference, its name, its location 2 and Location 1, and its status. See below:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Battery Check.PNG Views:	0 Size:	138.2 KB ID:	1320273

Comment

Originally posted by jvm View Post
                cfrudolphy Here's an example of how I use this for Battery Checking. Maybe this can help you figure out how the Easy Trigger global variables work. In this example, I've defined a group in Easy Trigger called "Batteries". That group contains all my battery devices. I then use the Easy Trigger group trigger "If any device's value in this group had its value set and is less than ..." which triggers on any device in the group reporting a value less than 40%. When that occurs, Easy Trigger sets it global variables to identify the device within the group that caused the trigger. I then send myself an email in which I use the variables to identify the specific device reference, its name, its location 2 and Location 1, and its status. See below:

Click image for larger version Name:	Battery Check.PNG Views:	0 Size:	138.2 KB ID:	1320273
                Just built an event like yours with a group containing all my battery devices. Works great. Thanks very much for sharing!

Comment

jvm Again thanks for this. I just now got the time to implement and change my message. Works great when I manually trigger the event. I am sure it will work just as well using the event trigger. Again thanks for your help!!

Chuck

Comment

Working...
                  X