Root Devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Root Devices

So as I grow my system and look at the device management page, I see numerous root devices associated with Z-Wave and other devices. What do the masses do with these devices? Hide them? Put them in their own room and only select that room when needed? or just leave them in the group they're associated with?

I've always wondered...

Robert
    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

I leave them. Sometimes you might need to do a rescan from the Z-Wave tab on the root device.
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

I leave them. I also rename the root so I know what the children are tied to without having very long names for each device. I also built my system slowly and this strategy has worked for me. I now have 483 devices and 81 z-wave nodes.

Comment

Working...
      X