Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cannot Create Z-Wave action all lights off event.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot Create Z-Wave action all lights off event.

I've been using Z-wave all lights off in an event for years now. I noticed yesterday that this event stopped working. When I try to create or run my all lights off event, I get the following error
    "Z-Wave Error Exception creating location drop lists: Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: 'All' Key being added: 'All'"
    I have scoured the forums, and opened a support ticket, and continue to investigate the issue. I cannot seem to figure out what went wrong. As a workaround, I created an event that has a giant list of all my lights, and that works. I do not seem to be having any other issues, at least not that I have discovered yet. Below is my system info,. I also included an example of the event in question. Its only Zwave all lights off or Zwave all lights on that has the issue. I can change the event to run any other Zwave action, and it is carried out just fine.
    Any help or insight on how to fix this would be appreciated.

Current Date/Time: 8/3/2019 6:08:03 AM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.534
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station
    System Uptime: 0 Days 11 Hours 58 Minutes 17 Seconds
    IP Address: 172.16.2.3
    Number of Devices: 1039
    Number of Events: 218
    Available Threads: 400
    HSTouch Enabled: True
    Event Threads: 1
    Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
    Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
    Device Exec Queue: 0
    HSTouch Event Queue: 0
    Email Send Queue: 0
    Anti Virus Installed: Windows Defender
    In Virtual Machine: No MFG: gigabyte
    Enabled Plug-Ins
    3.0.0.28: Autelis
    2.0.3.0: BLRSS
    3.7.2.0: Harmony Hub
    3.0.0.34: ImperiHome
    2.0.3.3: JowiHue
    1.2019.211.1740: MyQ
    3.0.0.33: Nest
    0.0.0.45: Pushover 3P
    30.0.0.38: RFXCOM
    3.1.0.36: Sonos
    3.0.1.0: Vista Alarm
    3.0.0.36: X10
    3.0.1.252: Z-Wave

fdarden As a suggestion, you might want to skip using the "All Lights Off" or "All Lights On" and try the Easy Trigger plugin instead.

There's a serious deficiency with the "All Lights On" or "All Lights Off" which is that the controlled devices do not report their status change in response to these "All" commands (at least the older HomeSeer switches / dimmers I have don't). As a result, HomeSeer does not get a report back from the lights that have changed and, thus, HomeSeer can show the wrong status for the lights.

I find a better solution is to use the Easy Trigger plugin which allows you to define groups of devices and you can then turn off / on the group. When Easy Trigger sends a command to a group, it results in a separate command being sent to each device. When this happens, HomeSeer does get back a status report from each device so HomeSeer and the devices remain properly synchronized.

One problem with the Easy Trigger Group command was that if you are controlling a large number of items, it was much slower than using the "All" commands. However, the latest Beta of Easy Trigger (version 3.0.0.67) allows you to define a group and then when you want to set all items in the group to a value, you can choose to only send if the current value will change. For example, I have a group of about 100 switches / dimmers. Most of the time, 90% are off. So I can use Easy Trigger to send the value of "0" to each member of the group, but only if the member is not already 0. As a result, using the latest beta, only 10 commands would be sent to devices, rather than 100. This gives very fast control, but keeps the proper device statuses.

Comment

Originally posted by jvm View Post
      fdarden As a suggestion, you might want to skip using the "All Lights Off" or "All Lights On" and try the Easy Trigger plugin instead.

There's a serious deficiency with the "All Lights On" or "All Lights Off" which is that the controlled devices do not report their status change in response to these "All" commands (at least the older HomeSeer switches / dimmers I have don't). As a result, HomeSeer does not get a report back from the lights that have changed and, thus, HomeSeer can show the wrong status for the lights.

I find a better solution is to use the Easy Trigger plugin which allows you to define groups of devices and you can then turn off / on the group. When Easy Trigger sends a command to a group, it results in a separate command being sent to each device. When this happens, HomeSeer does get back a status report from each device so HomeSeer and the devices remain properly synchronized.

One problem with the Easy Trigger Group command was that if you are controlling a large number of items, it was much slower than using the "All" commands. However, the latest Beta of Easy Trigger (version 3.0.0.67) allows you to define a group and then when you want to set all items in the group to a value, you can choose to only send if the current value will change. For example, I have a group of about 100 switches / dimmers. Most of the time, 90% are off. So I can use Easy Trigger to send the value of "0" to each member of the group, but only if the member is not already 0. As a result, using the latest beta, only 10 commands would be sent to devices, rather than 100. This gives very fast control, but keeps the proper device statuses.
      Thanks I will give the plugin a try. I’m concerned that there may be other underlying issues that I haven’t discovered. I do have a lot of devices and events, and so far the all off seems to be the only thing not working. Easytrigger with a dynamic rule seems like a much better option.

Comment

Working...
      X