Controlling Multiple Devices at once

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Controlling Multiple Devices at once

I would like to be able to control multiple devices at once. For example, I would like to turn off specific devices(lights, dimmers, fans & heaters, approx 10 devices) in the sunroom at midnight. So I would like to create a "group" called sunroom devices and trigger an event to turn off of devices, and should any of these devices turn on between midnight and 5am to turn them off.

Putting in a bunch of "if or if" conditions for each devices and a bunch of then is somewhat of a tedious.

Take a look at the Easy Trigger plugin.

Comment

I think you can also do it with the SceneMaster plugin. And that includes dimming for devices like lights.

Eman.
      TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

I do something similar. I have a "scenes" event group which contains many manually triggered events. E.g. "sunroom bedtime mode", "sunroom breakfast mode". These events contains all of the device actions to turn on / off / dim for multiple devices.

Then I have a sunroom event group which contains the conditions (if midnight ... If 5am ....) which then executes the appropriate scene group event.
        Len

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435
        Linux version: Linux homeseer Ubuntu 16.04 x86_64
        Number of Devices: 633
        Number of Events: 773

Enabled Plug-Ins
        2.0.54.0: BLBackup
        2.0.40.0: BLLAN
        3.0.0.48: EasyTrigger
        30.0.0.36: RFXCOM
        3.0.6.2: SDJ-Health
        3.0.0.87: weatherXML
        3.0.1.190: Z-Wave

Comment

drhtmal is right in regards to EasyTrigger. Specifically, look at ET dynamic groups and new ET event actions. In the actions, there is a special one that uses an expression to evaluate what to do. Very powerful combo.

Here is a thead to explain,

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ul...that-triggered

Comment

Working...
          X