Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jon798
    replied
    I have the Alexa/HS3 integration working ok - mostly by using Alexa routines to trigger Alexa scenes which are HS3 events. However I have come up against an issue with some new blinds we have installed. They are conrolled via RFXCOM and HS3 perfectly well, but show up in Alexa as a switch that is 'on' or 'off'. I would like them to show up as 'open' or 'closed'. I think these statuses are driven from the "Control Use" dropdown setting in the device's value/status graphics setting, but 'open' and 'close' do not appear as selections in the drop down. I don't think additional selection options can be added by users, only by HomeSeer in the HomeSeerAPI.dll. Is that true, and if so could 'open' and 'close' be added in a next rleease of HS3 please?

Thanks very much,

Jon.

Leave a comment:

• Tomgru
    replied
    Fyi...the event part apparently isn't working at the moment...dev team is working on it.

Leave a comment:

• skybolt
    replied
    Thanks Wade. It's easy enough to use virtual devices anyway. Sounds like I need to delete a whole buch of alexa devices and switch over to this.

Leave a comment:

• Wade
    replied
    I've not used it with events directly so can't answer you. I always trigger a virtual device that in turn triggers the event...in most so I can say "turn on" or "turn off" to trigger it, or else use it in an Alexa routine and customize the command. (Don't know off-hand whether HS events can be used in Alexa routines.)

Leave a comment:

• skybolt
    replied
    2nd question; how does it work with events? do they jsut run if there name is used when the voice command is filled in?

Leave a comment:

• skybolt
    replied
    Ah cool, I was hoping for that. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Wade
    replied
    If a voice command name isn't entered, it defaults to the device name.

Leave a comment:

• skybolt
    started a topic Alexa use w/HS3

Alexa use w/HS3

So I recently saw a newer Alexa skill for HS. I stopped using ht eoriginal one becase of the "Tell HomeSeer" stuff. The newer one just access the devices by name, right? Which name does it look for, the HS Device name or the Voice Command name? I haven't tried the new plug-in yet becasue it involves deleting all of the existing devices I am useing already with the Insteon Hub.

Thanks,
Working...
X