Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't retain "plug-in access to user list" check box

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Can't retain "plug-in access to user list" check box

    This feels like a rite of passage since I can't imagine it hasn't happened before (or maybe its just to hard to search in the forum). But on the Setup->Network tab I check the box Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	91
Size:	6.2 KB
ID:	1320864
    but when I restart HS3PRO it becomes unchecked. Which prohibits HSTouch from running

    I run a domain server and use an account that's non admin level, I run HS3 as admin and I ensure that permissions allow users to R/W the setup.ini file (assuming that's whats being updated). I've even ran HS3 in the ADMIN account. So what am I doing wrong? I have no insight from the log file.


  • #2
    Possibly ensure the settings.ini file isn't read only? I've not heard of this issue but once before and it was a antivirus issue.
    -Rupp
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      That setting is not stored in the settings.ini - it's in the HomeSeer database.

      I just tried it on a new install of HS3 and it doesnt work. The checkmark comes back on after a restart.
      HS3Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi3
      64 Z-Wave Nodes, 168 Events, 280 Devices
      UPB modules via OMNI plugin/panel
      Plugins: Z-Wave, BLRF, OMNI, HSTouch, weatherXML, EasyTrigger
      HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler

      Comment


      • #4
        I ensured that the folder both at the config folder and HS3 folder level to be not read only. The file itself is not read only. assuming homeseerdata.hsd?

        Comment


        • #5
          It's not a permissions issue as Rupp was thinking. That setting is not in settings.ini - it's in the HS database. It looks to be a bug and needs to be reported to support@homeseer.com
          HS3Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi3
          64 Z-Wave Nodes, 168 Events, 280 Devices
          UPB modules via OMNI plugin/panel
          Plugins: Z-Wave, BLRF, OMNI, HSTouch, weatherXML, EasyTrigger
          HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler

          Comment


          • #6
            Yes, I thought this was in the settings.ini file but as Rob stated it is stored in the DB. What version of HS3 are you running? If it's the latest version (.540) then please report this issue at support@homeseer.com
            -Rupp
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              version .548

              Comment


              • #8
                also reported...hit reply too soon

                Comment


                • #9
                  Problem resolved but less then happy on the process.
                  1. took 40 back and forths on email
                  2. support attacked this via what appeared to be standard check list
                  a. provide config data, uninstall and reinstall
                  b. uninstall any virus protection (this created another very concerning problem which I'm posting separately on the omni plug in forum)
                  c. ensure file isn't read only
                  d. repeat.
                  3. finally after exhausting the list they talked with the lead engineer and suggested a simple settings.ini edit.
                  4. yes that worked with a caveat.
                  a. suggested adding gUserListScriptAccess=true to the file which I did and it worked
                  b. the original line actually said gUserListScriptAccess=obsolete which implies the line isn't used at all
                  c. there's a gUserListScriptAccess2= xxxxx (list of hex) which also implies the original flag is old
                  d. just removing the line also fixed the problem (most annoying part is all the work to get to this).
                  5. I believe this was all part of the batch process that created setting.ini file in the first place but doubt that that will
                  get fixed, I have no insight so expect this happening again.
                  6. This is the second issue where the process outcome was either solved by me or it could have been attacked much easier.


                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X