Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Super Rookie to HomeSeer & Z-Wave - The interface is experience trouble initializing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super Rookie to HomeSeer & Z-Wave - The interface is experience trouble initializing.

Just opened my new little black box - Was following the HomeTroller SEL Getting Started Guide, and can't seem to fix this error. Could someone point me to the right source to fix, I searched Google - but can't yet narrow down where to begin. Thanks!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	312
Size:	292.1 KB
ID:	1321000

What happens if you click on the Trouble icon?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

http://www.homeseer.com/guides/HomeT...Guide-rev4.pdf

Step #4, halfway down the page..

*Note: The SmartStick+ will use port /dev/ttyACM0

You have the serial port set to /dev/ttyS0 (right side of your screen). If the dropdown doesn't have a /dev/ttyACM0 selection, try refreshing the browser.

Comment

Alright, I see step one of my issue - I don't have a SmartStick+ . . . I bought the HomeSeer HomeTroller-SEL PRO Smart Home Hub - it's plugged into the network via Ethernet, so I changed the Interface Model to the below - still no luck...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	262
Size:	363.1 KB
ID:	1321091

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
          What happens if you click on the Trouble icon?
          Just takes it offline.

Comment

The SEL doesn't come with a Z-Wave controller - you need to add a SmartStick or a Z-Net.

Comment

Bought the SmartStick, plugged it into the cube. Worked immediately, I'm just dumb - Now off to automagic the house!

Comment

Working...
              X