How to delete unwanted plug-in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to delete unwanted plug-in

Is there a way to completely erase a plug-in that I tried and decided I didn't want? I turned it off, and I hit the red "X" on the Plug-In Manage page...is that all I need to do? Or are there flotsam and jetsam files that can be wiped?

Jim Speiser
    38-year veteran of Home Automation
    Still don't know squat

Originally posted by JimSpy View Post
    Is there a way to completely erase a plug-in that I tried and decided I didn't want? I turned it off, and I hit the red "X" on the Plug-In Manage page...is that all I need to do? Or are there flotsam and jetsam files that can be wiped?
    That will remove it from the listing and it won't be started again. However any files other than the main ".exe" file that the plugin installed are still left floating around doing nothing. I've asked HST if there was an actual uninstall method we can use in plugins and the answer was no.

Comment

Originally posted by simplextech View Post

That will remove it from the listing and it won't be started again. However any files other than the main ".exe" file that the plugin installed are still left floating around doing nothing. I've asked HST if there was an actual uninstall method we can use in plugins and the answer was no.
      Harrumph.

Thank goodness I'm not obsessive/compulsive.

Oh, well, thanks anyway.

Jim Speiser
      Still don't know squat

Comment

I use an uninstaller app (Ashampoo) or a File & registry changes monitor to capture system before installation so I can properly remove it if I need to. I know that horse is away down the road, but .... next time.....

Comment

Originally posted by ScottRennie View Post
          I use an uninstaller app (Ashampoo) or a File & registry changes monitor to capture system before installation so I can properly remove it if I need to. I know that horse is away down the road, but .... next time.....
          That would be dangerous for me.

The plug-in I want to delete is BLRouterMonitor. Can I simply look for any files with that name, (I think they're preceded by HSPI_) and delete those? It probably won't be complete, but it would be a start?

Jim Speiser
          Still don't know squat

Comment

If you're really serious,
            Code:
            ,[CHECKVERSION],3.0.0.13
            BLRouterMonitor.mdb,.\Data\BLRouterMonitor,16
            email.gif,.\html\Images\BLRouterMonitor,0
            custom.gif,.\html\Images\BLRouterMonitor,0
            BLRouterMonitor_install.txt,.\Scripts,0
            db_functions.vbs,.\Scripts\Includes,0
            beyondexecv2.exe,.\Utilities\BLRouterMonitor,0
            BLRouterMonitor_Help.asp,.\html\BLHelp\BLRouterMonitor,0
            webInterface.jpg,.\html\BLHelp\BLRouterMonitor\Images,0
            actionExample.jpg,.\html\BLHelp\BLRouterMonitor\Images,0
            webOptions.jpg,.\html\BLHelp\BLRouterMonitor\Images,0
            eventEqualTo.jpg,.\html\BLHelp\BLRouterMonitor\Images,0
            eventGreaterThan.jpg,.\html\BLHelp\BLRouterMonitor\Images,0
            eventInTheRange.jpg,.\html\BLHelp\BLRouterMonitor\Images,0
            eventLessThan.jpg,.\html\BLHelp\BLRouterMonitor\Images,0
            eventNotEqualTo.jpg,.\html\BLHelp\BLRouterMonitor\Images,0
            guiOptions.jpg,.\html\BLHelp\BLRouterMonitor\Images,0
            homeseerMenu.jpg,.\html\BLHelp\BLRouterMonitor\Images,0
            HSPI_BLRouterMonitor.exe,.,0
            • This is another comma separated file, field #2 is a subfolder of the HS3 root where the file in field #1 is installed. For each entry, descend into the sub folder and remove the file. Several of the entries are in 'BLRouterMonitor' folders; these can be removed which of course will remove all of their contents in one step.
            • When complete you have remove 18 files and saved maybe 1MB of space. Time for a cookie!

Comment

Working...
            X