Log questions: device filter, remove mistakes, and search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Log questions: device filter, remove mistakes, and search

Backstory: Fridge was powered off for an unknown duration and made me curious what would be the easiest/best/quickest way to discover when/what/where failure occurred. Did not get to creating events yet to always ensure that the Aeon Labs switch is 'on' for the fridge that it is power-monitoring the way I did on my Vera3 setup (including alarm events to warn me if power usage was abnormal to indicate door ajar).

Failure might have been due to a simple power outage (forgot to check the HomeSeer option on power fail recovery, but the Aeon switches on a Vera3 controller have always resumed previous state on power recovery by themselves). Might have been my own fault and accidentally clicked the 'off' button inside HomeSeer while messing around on mobile. Figured I just scan all the log entries to trace back exactly what happened to the device.

This was after I panicked and turned it 'on' manually at the switch, so on the Device Manager page the last time-stamp is all on my manual action.

Looking at logs I also noticed I had made a mistake on an unrelated event, and there are about 100k log entries I'd like to remove.

Which leads to me to the following questions:
    1. It would be awesome if I could go to an individual device and click on a tab or something to view the log entries related to that device. Maybe the last hour only at first to make it responsive, but then an option to look at current day, last 24-hours, custom date-range, or possible everything the log holds. Don't care if the longer day spans take a long time to complete as it would make diagnosing an issue a lot easier. Did I overlook a plugin or option to make this possible?
    2. Is it possible to remove log entries without causing issues? Now that I fixed the event mistake I would like to cleanup the log to keep it lean. The log file ("C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Logs\HomeSeerLog.hsd") is SQLite based, so it is not a problem for me to remove those entries I want gone, but I want to make sure there isn't some JOINed value somewhere that would cause database corruption if not updated.
    3. For search I'm aware there is UltraLog plugin, but I expected log search to be native to HS3 and making sure I'm not overlooking something obvious again.
    RegEx, SQL, or for that matter C#/VB does not scare me if needed.

Take a look at UltraLog plug-in.
    https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ul...log-ultrajones
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by RoChess View Post
      I expected log search to be native to HS3 and making sure I'm not overlooking something obvious again.[/LIST]
      At the top of the Log page, click on the Filter arrow to show the filtering/search capabilities. AFAIK there's no issue with deleting log entries in the database file, but I would make a backup first, just to be safe. When I shutdown HS, I typically rename the log file and then HS will create a new one when I restart it, so you can archive things that way too.
      HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
      Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Working...
      X