Backup/Restore Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Backup/Restore Issues

I manage 3 systems in 3 different homes with HS3 software, using a Hometroller Zee S2 in all 3 homes. In 2 of these when I click "Backup Config" a banner appears saying, "Creating backup file..." Then a "Save as..." window opens that allows me to save the zip file wherever I choose. I then save the zip file to a folder on my PC, which in turn gets backed up regularly. On the 3rd system, I see the banner saying the backup file is being created, then the banner disappears but I never get to select a "Save as..." location. Where is the zip file being saved? On board the Hometroller is not really a backup if the system totally crashes. Hass anybody else had this experience and if so were you able to resolve it?

Have you contacted HS Support with this question?
    https://shop.homeseer.com/pages/about-us
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

You can use something like WinSCP to connect to it and see if you can find the file. You can also manually copy the contents of the HS folder that way.
      HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
      Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Thanks for the quick replies. I emailed a tech support request to Homeseer

Comment

The backup file is staged for download in the <hs3root>/html directory. So for the Zee, this would be at /usr/local/HomeSeer/html/HomeSeerBackup_9_7_2019-16_48.zip, for example.

That zip file consists of four component zip files, Config.zip, Data.zip, html.zip, scripts.zip

These are assembled in <hs3root>/ConfigBackup/ folder and remain there afterwards.

You might want to check how much free storage is available. Command for this is df -H, which you can run from Tools->System->Linux Tools
          Code:
          $ df -H
          Filesystem      Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
          /dev/root        16G  3.3G   12G  23% /
          The entry of interest is the first one, "/dev/root" mounted on "/". If Use% is approaching 100%, you have an issue.

Comment

Customer support replied that zwolfpack nailed the answer with the above response. Tried to use Linux tools but keep getting "incorrect password" message. I used the same password i use to log into HS3. Is that incorrect? I never entered any other password.
            I also do not think it's a storage issue. There are currently 54 nodes installed (with child devices) and 82 Events that are mostly simple. Log database is 0.57 mb
            This problem existed from initial installation. I clicked the backup config button after every change to the system and it never offered a save as option like my other 2 systems do.

Comment

Originally posted by lombarj View Post
              Customer support replied that zwolfpack nailed the answer with the above response. Tried to use Linux tools but keep getting "incorrect password" message. I used the same password i use to log into HS3. Is that incorrect? I never entered any other password.
              I also do not think it's a storage issue. There are currently 54 nodes installed (with child devices) and 82 Events that are mostly simple. Log database is 0.57 mb
              This problem existed from initial installation. I clicked the backup config button after every change to the system and it never offered a save as option like my other 2 systems do.
              Are the HS3 versions the same between the units? The Linux tools password was set when the unit was first setup.
              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

The password is different than what you log into the web interface with.

HomeSeer sets up the system with a username homeseer password hsthsths3

If that doesn't work, it likely was changed it when the system was set up. In that case, try username pi password raspberry
                This is what comes standard on a Raspberry Pi.

Like most everything in Linux, these are case sensitive, so make sure caps lock is off.

Comment

Working...
                X