Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

When Does "clock" Start for Recurring Event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When Does "clock" Start for Recurring Event

I have an Recurring Event that runs every 30 minutes. My question is, on a reboot of HS3 when does that event FIRST fire---30 minutes after reboot?

Do they fire on exactly xx:00 and xx:30 now?

Create a test event at an odd number of minutes, and verifying if it fires off at xx:00 and xx:30 would give you a good indication, but a reboot test and looking at the time the existing events start is a sure fire way of knowing. Having a high uptime is a nice stats, but the verification that your environment survives a restart with all your plugins and events initializing correctly is a nice peace of mind.

Comment

Originally posted by RoChess View Post
      Do they fire on exactly xx:00 and xx:30 now?

Create a test event at an odd number of minutes, and verifying if it fires off at xx:00 and xx:30 would give you a good indication, but a reboot test and looking at the time the existing events start is a sure fire way of knowing. Having a high uptime is a nice stats, but the verification that your environment survives a restart with all your plugins and events initializing correctly is a nice peace of mind.
      No, I use a 40 minute recurring event to test activity(change of time stamp) of a program that runs every 15 minutes. Every so often it fails immediately on HS3 restarting-hence the question.

Comment

Working...
      X