No announcement yet.

So what is Auto Camera Setup for again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So what is Auto Camera Setup for again?

So I have two new HS-CAM-I's that HS3 has identified and put in the Camera Tab. However, that seems to be it. They don't show up anywhere else in HS3. No device was created. I wanted to use them to take a picture when there was motion in a room. No can do. Is this normal? Did the setup not complete? There were no errors. I am on the latest HS3 and W10Pro.

If I add a camera manually, I can create a device through NetCam, but then there are TWO copies of it in HSTouch and HS Mobile.

How is this all supposed to work?

Have you contacted HS support about this? These are new devices that have not been available for very long, therefore there might not be many people in the forum who have any experience using them.

Comment

Originally posted by outbackrob View Post
      So I have two new HS-CAM-I's (that were a PITA to set up but that's another thread) that HS3 has identified and put in the Camera Tab. However, that seems to be it. They don't show up anywhere else in HS3. No device was created. I wanted to use them to take a picture when there was motion in a room. No can do. Is this normal? Did the setup not complete? There were no errors. I am on the latest HS3 and W10Pro.

If I add a camera manually, I can create a device through NetCam, but then there are TWO copies of it in HSTouch and HS Mobile.

How is this all supposed to work?
      I believe that the only thing adding a camera to HS (automatically or manually) does is to make it available via HSTouch and HS Mobile.
      -Wade

Comment

You can also use these with the netCam plugin to get snapshots.
        -Rupp
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cc4005 View Post
          I believe that the only thing adding a camera to HS (automatically or manually) does is to make it available via HSTouch and HS Mobile.
          I believe you are right, unfortunately. So in order to have an event take a pic, I have to add the camera manually and use the NetCam plug-in. If it is set up manually, you have to add the Pan/Tilt functions in manually if you want to be able to P/T in HSTouch or HS Mobile. Have no idea what those parameters are.

Comment

Working...
          X