Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Run as Service Dependencies

Hi.

After recently 'upgrading' to Windows 10 Pro, setting Homeseer to run as a service using nssm does not work without delaying it's start. Clearly there is some dependency though oddly this wasn't an issue when I used nssm on my previous system.

I read one post that suggested that Remote Procedure Call was required to be operational first but I've tried adding that as a service dependency to HS3 service and it still won't load on automatic start-up.

Anyone have any clue what HS3 may require in terms on service dependencies? Support havn't a clue and I'm keen to use nssm as it was faultless on my old system.

Thanks

If it worked on your previous system and the only change was upgrading to Windows 10 Pro, it would seem to be a windows problem.

I seem to recall reading in an older post that HomeSeer was never really designed to run as a service on Windows.

Here is the post about issues running HomeSeer as a service on Windows.

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...-on-to-your-pc

Comment

Originally posted by drhtmal View Post
      If it worked on your previous system and the only change was upgrading to Windows 10 Pro, it would seem to be a windows problem.

I seem to recall reading in an older post that HomeSeer was never really designed to run as a service on Windows.

Here is the post about issues running HomeSeer as a service on Windows.

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...-on-to-your-pc
      I know it's a Windows issue, however, my system worked perfectly prior to this refresh, plus it still works perfectly when run as Service. I had to modify the web.config file to fix .asp pages not working, but it's just the delay I want to bypass which is why I was asking the dependency question.

I can alter the delay somewhat but that isn't a very robust solution.

Comment

How much of a delay are you referring to? Do you have any other applications setup to run as a service with nssm? I use Fire Daemon and actually have HS setup as a delayed start. The reason being, I want my Phoscon and VSPE to start before HS does.
        HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Working...
        X