Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GE/Jasco/Honeywell Z-Wave Switches Group 3 (Double Tap) Associations to Homeseer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GE/Jasco/Honeywell Z-Wave Switches Group 3 (Double Tap) Associations to Homeseer

In other Home automation platforms you can use the Group 3 Double Tap associations on the Jasco Switchs to trigger events and scenes not just to associate to other Z-wave devices directly. In Homeseer it seems I can associate these to homeseer but it however does not treat this differently than if it was triggered via the normal group one association so there is no way to trigger events based on this that I have found, is this something homeseer plans to support? It's a deal breaker for me. The timer/counter methods to count double taps are not a reliable way of doing this (partialiy because the double taps on Jasco switches are fast double taps among other things)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Homeseer.png
Views:	807
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	1327839

Interesting. I have about 40 Jasco switches and dimmers installed and this is the first I've heard of the double-tap capability. I'm pretty sure HS doesn't currently support it, but I'm submitting a feature request to support@homeseer.com now.

edit: Senior moment. Just found another thread where this was discussed (by *me*) and others but I don't find that I ever requested the feature at that point.
    -Wade

Comment

Originally posted by cc4005 View Post
      Interesting. I have about 40 Jasco switches and dimmers installed and this is the first I've heard of the double-tap capability. I'm pretty sure HS doesn't currently support it, but I'm submitting a feature request to support@homeseer.com now.

edit: Senior moment. Just found another thread where this was discussed (by *me*) and others but I don't find that I ever requested the feature at that point.
      I just sent in a request as well. Thanks!

Comment

I don't know if this helps but I just replaced one of my Jasco on/off switches (the last one started clicking after power outage...) and the new version supports the Central Scene class. With this I am able to drive events off single, double and triple click- on and off....so a total of six potential events that are independent of z-wave associations.

If they ever get group 3 working then that will be useful for the older devices.

Comment

Originally posted by kamishki View Post
          I don't know if this helps but I just replaced one of my Jasco on/off switches (the last one started clicking after power outage...) and the new version supports the Central Scene class. With this I am able to drive events off single, double and triple click- on and off....so a total of six potential events that are independent of z-wave associations.

If they ever get group 3 working then that will be useful for the older devices.
          I'm hoping they get group 3 working considering it works fine on Hubitat (and from reading Smartthings too).

The problem with the firmware version is it's hard to tell which one you are getting unless you get them in store (and all those near me are super old) online you could be getting a mix, even in the same orders I've gotten all different versions. Jasco won't provide the firmware bin file after talking to them many times. but they are willing to provide them to homeseer and other platforms to include them in their software as an update though.

Comment

I did notice the Zooz switches look the same as the Jasco ones (though Jasco doesn't list them as being made by them). and the Zooz firmware change log shows similar things to Jasco. Anyway Zooz is willing to provide the OTA firmware file to end users with a verified order number. I might have to order one of each (switch and dimmer) just to see if the firmware would happen to work on the Jasco ones.

Comment

thecreativeone91 Did you get the Jasco double click to work with HomeSeer? I just got stuck with this exact issue.

Comment

Originally posted by peterm View Post
                thecreativeone91 Did you get the Jasco double click to work with HomeSeer? I just got stuck with this exact issue.
                No, Homeseer really needs a device handler/driver for these switches that allows the double-tap to be seen as a second input to be used in events and such. Hubitat does for sure, and I believe SmartThings as well. I've requested it multiple times before, hopefully they will add it someday... I was able to get it working in CQC.

Comment

Originally posted by thecreativeone91 View Post
                  I did notice the Zooz switches look the same as the Jasco ones (though Jasco doesn't list them as being made by them). and the Zooz firmware change log shows similar things to Jasco. Anyway Zooz is willing to provide the OTA firmware file to end users with a verified order number. I might have to order one of each (switch and dimmer) just to see if the firmware would happen to work on the Jasco ones.
                  i have some GE/Jasco but I believe only the newer ones support double tap
                  I have some zooz as well...
                  just got the latest ones.. few of them

really like the zooz prices and features vs the GE.

Albeit I had a GE and Zooz switch go bad already...
                  HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Originally posted by TeleFragger View Post

i have some GE/Jasco but I believe only the newer ones support double tap
                    I have some zooz as well...
                    just got the latest ones.. few of them

really like the zooz prices and features vs the GE.

Albeit I had a GE and Zooz switch go bad already...
                    I was buying the Honeywell Badged ones about the same price as the Zooz ones. They only thing better about the Jasco Ones are the fact that they have the addon switch, it's nice that Zooz lets you keep the old switch for 3 way & 4-way setups, but I'd rather have full functionality on all of them as well as full dimming. What I don't know is if the Jasco Addon switch will work with the Zooz, I have a feeling it would but haven't confirmed it.

Unfortunately, I'm pretty much stuck with Zooz or Jasco because no one else does the toggle style ones. WAF is requiring those because around here decora switches aren't really a thing people do. The last house we did Lutron RA2, I never had a single issue with those.

Comment

Originally posted by thecreativeone91 View Post

I was buying the Honeywell Badged ones about the same price as the Zooz ones. They only thing better about the Jasco Ones are the fact that they have the addon switch, it's nice that Zooz lets you keep the old switch for 3 way & 4-way setups, but I'd rather have full functionality on all of them as well as full dimming. What I don't know is if the Jasco Addon switch will work with the Zooz, I have a feeling it would but haven't confirmed it.

Unfortunately, I'm pretty much stuck with Zooz or Jasco because no one else does the toggle style ones. WAF is requiring those because around here decora switches aren't really a thing people do. The last house we did Lutron RA2, I never had a single issue with those.
                      same in all accounts.

I have 3 Jasco in a 3 way with add on switches....
                      then i bought 2 new Zooz to replace X10 but just havent yet... i agree.. while I dont mind the normal switch, I also dont mind paying a bit more for consistency as the toggle is thicker on normal switches vs the slight V shape on the others and they sit in the middle...

and also in the account of WAF... was stated.. switches are to be toggle.. hence why i have/had x10 23890w switches around the house with add-on switches too... but they are slowly dying and i think it is due to using led bulbs. got just a few left in service... just took 3 out of the basement and the stairs light is the 3 way i havent done yet but bought the zooz..
                      HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

I have swapped almost all of mine out from Infomatic to Jasco (30 outlets and switches). The old Infomatic ones stopped working after around 6 years. Jasco messed up the appearance with two different types (large LED and tiny LED for newer model). I've also used some Insteon devices, but they didn't last long and Z-Wave has been more stable for me. Frankly, it's quite upsetting that something always break every few weeks when you have many of these around the home. The R&D of these devices does not consider consumer expectations that wall-installed products should last for decades and not just a few years.
                        I have one case of using Jasco double click but I does it through an associated dummy Z-Wave device (ridiculous way).

Comment

Working...
                        X