New system recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New system recommendation

I've been running HS3 Pro at home for a few years now on a linux VM and have been pretty happy with it.
    I have a new summer home that I want to setup a new HS system. I'm trying to decide on HS3 Standard, Pro or maybe even the Pi controller.
    I don't use HS Touch at all. It looks like the only difference between HS3 standard and pro, other than HS Touch, is that Pro includes all the HS branded plugins.
    Here's the plugins on the website and they're all $0 except the DSC alarm plugin which I don't need: https://shop.homeseer.com/collection...brand_homeseer
    Am I missing anything or would HS3 standard be good enough? Any limitations with standard?
    For the Raspberry Pi version, other than Linux limitations which I'm using now, is it just the limit to running only 5 plugins?
    Thanks

There is a sale going on now. HS3 Pro (with free upgrade to HS4) for $299.95. That is $300 off list price.

Comment

I believe the Pi version is also on sale for $50. For a second system the Pi should be a good choice. I am not aware of any differences between it and other versions is the plugin limit. I run a Pi clone as my HS3 system and it does just fine.

Had you got in early then you could have obtained original HS at list price of $39 from Keware. Back in those days it was X10 Activehome, HAL2000 and Misterhome as the available choices.

Comment

I'm aware of the sale prices now. I'm really just trying to figure out if I'll miss anything by not going with PRO (which I have now).

Comment

Essentially, PRO includes all HST produced plugins, HSTouch and HSMobile at no additional cost. IMO it's a rather good investment.
          Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Will you miss anything if you go with standard. Not really; especially with the free upgrade to HS4 which includes most of the extra included with the Pro at the moment. The Pro is being targeted at integrators using HSTouch to provide bespoken customised interfaces

Comment

Thanks guys sounds like Standard would be fine and worst case I can always upgrade if needed. Does Standard include use of the mobile app?

If I have 2 homes with HS, do I need 2 accounts with HS to access independently or can both homes show up under the same account?

Comment

Mobile access to 1 HS server is included with all licenses. To access 2 HS servers you'll need an annual subscription to MyHS Remote Premium Service is required. Currently $24/yr for up to 10 servers.
                -Wade

Comment

In the premium services it states
                  HSTouch required for connection with Android or Apple mobile devices

I have no real experience HSTouch and am not looking to start building custom screens.
                  How do those with 2 homes manage both systems remotely? If using HSTouch, what's involved?
                  THanks

Comment

Depending on the level of control you want at the second home, you may be able to get away with just installing a z-net and integrating it into your existing homeseer system. I can control anything via z-wave at my vacation house, and even have a couple of android tablets running HSTouch screens. Others might be able to help if you want to setup some Ethernet controlled serial ports.

Comment

Originally posted by denisl View Post
                      In the premium services it states
                      HSTouch required for connection with Android or Apple mobile devices
                      That line was written awhile ago, and precedes the release of the HS Mobile app, which is an easier app to set up than HS Touch (HS Touch is more powerful though).

Comment

You can always buy HS3 Standard now for $125 with free HS4 upgrade (the $135 deal with SmartStick+ bundle is really good deal as well), and HSTouch Designer will go on 50% sale soon, so then total is $275 and cheaper than HS3 Pro, except you don't get the HS3Pro bundled plugins that you might not even need, but HS4 upgrade will cover a lot.

I've not seen any HS4 Standard vs HS4 Pro comparison overview, so that would help a lot in decision making.

Comment

Working...
                        X