HS4 Zigbee?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS4 Zigbee?

The current sale on HS3 with free HS4 was enough to get me to bite on a new license to move my HS3 from the Pi to my new home automation system (mac mini running Ubuntu).

I currently run dconz and the plugin for HS3. Can anyone shed any light on if HS4 will natively support Zigbee and allow me to have an all in one solution...dropping dconz and the plugin? The information on the HS website is cryptic and lists compatibility with certain zigbee brands, but I would rather see a simple statement as to across the board zigbee support.

If HST supports Zigbee it will be through a plugin that communicates with a specific piece of hardware. If the plugin is written by HST or by a 3rd party should make no difference as to core functionality. New Zigbee devices and future changes to Zigbee standards will need decoding engineering and this effort is likely not something that is considered core to HST. Their relationship with Zwave alliance does not preclude a similar with Zigbee alliance, but does HST have the resources to drive in both directions effectively?

The Hubitat hardware/firmware seems like s good avenue for integration, but does lack a business track record. The DeCONZ and zigbee2mqtt approaches are good for open source community supported solutions, These two would seem to be risky approaches for a business to base a technology for their flagship product.

Comment

Working...
    X