Motion Sensor & Light Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by simplextech View Post

OR IF is a new Trigger. Something has to change to trigger it not just sit there.
    So this falls back on my original question? How to I group if multiple devices/lights are off?

Comment

Can you describe your use case please? Multiple sensors and multiple lights? What are the triggers? Its not clear what you have and what you want to do.

Comment

Originally posted by logbuilder View Post
        Can you describe your use case please? Multiple sensors and multiple lights? What are the triggers? Its not clear what you have and what you want to do.
        I want to write an event that does the following.

If Motion Sensor 1 is inactive for 3 mins
        AND IF Motion Sensor 2 is inactive for 3 mins
        And IF Light 1 value is ON
        OR IF Ligh 1 value is ON
        Turn Off Light 1
        Turn Off Light 2

Comment

That last ORIF regarding Ligh 1 confuses me.

Is this the right logic for what you want to do?

If motion sensor 1 has not seen motion for 3 minutes and light 1 is ON

or

if motion sensor 2 has not seen motion for 3 minutes and light 1 is ON

then

turn off light 1
          turn off light 2

Comment

That last ORIF regarding Ligh 1 confuses me.

Is this the right logic for what you want to do?

If motion sensor 1 has not seen motion for 3 minutes and light 1 is ON

or

if motion sensor 2 has not seen motion for 3 minutes and light 1 is ON

then

turn off light 1
            turn off light 2
            Sorry no.

I want to make sure both motion sensors haven't been active before turning lights off.

Comment

So I've done this, but the problem is it will just keep running the event over and over....

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	0 Size:	50.2 KB ID:	1331136

Comment

Change the first IF to inactive for exactly 3m, 0s

Comment

Change the first IF to inactive for exactly 3m, 0s
                  Thanks.

I need to read back into grouping motion sensors.

Comment

Try it that way. Adapt for two lights.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Motion.png Views:	0 Size:	55.2 KB ID:	1331278

Comment

Originally posted by nunoary View Post
                      Try it that way. Adapt for two lights.

Click image for larger version Name:	Motion.png Views:	0 Size:	55.2 KB ID:	1331278
                      Why are you putting in Remove Delayed Device Actions on both? Why not just on the event that is for Motion ?

Comment

can explain better, but i think it's because i have one condition in the motion event and this may cause it not to run and the delay will not reset.

Comment

Well the solution to group is to use easytrigger groups. Saves a ton of time!

now I can group by motion sensors.

Comment

I agree, EasyTrigger it's a must have plugin...

Comment

{subscribed}
                              HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Originally posted by mik3y View Post

Why are you putting in Remove Delayed Device Actions on both? Why not just on the event that is for Motion ?
                                You want to remove the delayed device action(s) in the on event. Because there is a condition in the on event, it may not always run and a delayed device action to turn the device off may remain, despite the fact that there has been motion. Adding the remove delayed device action in the off event will assure the lights do not turn off until 10 minutes after the last motion has ended. It is harmless to have an action to remove a delayed device action when none exists, but it does provide a failsafe to make sure the lights stay on for 10 minutes, in case the condition in the on event is false. I don’t know what the condition is for, so I cannot comment further as the need for the delayed device action removal in the off event is necessary.
                                HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Working...
                                X