No announcement yet.

Uptimes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Always been curious why the physical-device count aka "nodes" are not listed in the HS help. Took me a while to get used to the concept that HomeSeer refers to devices not in the sense of the physical-device, but it makes sense as a virtual-device entry is just as useful.

Z-Wave Node overview page shows it at the top, and /ZWaveConfig also shows it above the interesting thread-info.

Speaking of that last one, what is the impact on:
    • Log send and receive device information to the HomeSeer log
    • Enable Detailed Debug logging to file (Do not enable unless instructed by tech support, this will use a lot of disk space)

Love detailed logs, especially when replication of an issue is difficult. HS system contains a 128GB SSD and for the time being 91GiB free so that leaves plenty of room for detailed logs. Unless of course logs are that extensive that it adds a GB per hour, then I'd rather not, but a GB per month I can deal with. Or is the impact on HS performance very high with one or both of those options active?

Comment

Currently have 64 days uptime on Ubuntu 18.04LTS with HS3 and no plan to reboot.

That said, from time to time I might reboot to clean memory, for some unknown reason my zwave interface can start behave bad after a long (undefined and unknown) time. So before any sort of travel I always reboot everything since that somehow seems to secure stability.... Some day I will find what is going on....

Comment

Working...
      X