Aeotec Siren 6 - Still not supported?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aeotec Siren 6 - Still not supported?

So I paired this up to HS, and it still looks like it's not supported?

Is there anything on the agenda to get this supported?

Is there anyway we can get this supported?

Comment

Originally posted by mik3y View Post
      Is there anyway we can get this supported?
      Not by asking here . Send an email to support@homeseer.com and let them know you have an issue with it. Out of curiosity, what does work and what does not? I use a Dome Siren, but had been looking at the Aeotec as well. The dome works great, but is battery powered.
      HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
      Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

I just bought a Siren 6 and am also having trouble getting it to work right. The device pairs fine, but I have no ability to change the volume or to change the tones associated with the various events. The pairing works fine, no errors at all. I only get 4 child devices, none of them are useful to configure the sound.

Here's what it looks like:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-08-29 at 19.42.16.jpg
Views:	502
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	1415225

That menu for Sound Control opens up to this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-08-29 at 19.46.22.jpg
Views:	517
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	1415226

Those volume options change the volume for test sounds, but as soon as I press the Button linked with it (generates one of the events and a doorbell sound) the volume is back up to deafening levels and I can't change it to any of the other 29 tones that should be offered.

This generation of the device implements the Notification(Ver 8) and Sound Switch(Ver 1) command classes. My guess is that HomeSeer 4 and the z-wave plugin don't know what to do about those.

Comment

After I spent considerable amount of time on this device, wanted to write few comments here how I got it to work for my purpose (using it as siren, not with doorbell).

Working configuration:
          - Z-wave 3.0.2.0 (beta did NOT work)
          - include as non secure. After inclusion you should have 8 devices with drop down to control both volume and tone
          My use case:
          - Home made alarm system with both full alarm siren as well as 30 sek alarm warning signal

Configuration:

There are 8 sound endpoints that can be configured separately. This happens with 4 byte signed decimal number, that needs to be compiled by concatenating 4 configuration bytes together according to the manual (light fx, intercept duration, interval between, tone play count). When you have compiled the 32bit number and converted to decimal, you can just send that as parameter.

I configured:
          - endpoint 3 to act as full alarm: sent configuration value 2130706432 which means unlimited repeat, no interval between, no interception
          - endpoint 4 to act as 30 warning signal (same as above)
          - endpoint 7 to act as interrupter which I use to force stop any playback. Parameter value 2130771969 which represents 1 second playback, repeat set to 1 just in case

Setting events to play and stop

2x Play events (manually triggered) for endpoints 3 and 4 respectively
          - set volume of device/endpoint to desired
          - wait 1 sec
          - play endpoint

Stop event (manually triggered)
          - set volume of device/endpoint7 to 10%
          - wait 1 sec
          - play endpoint/device 7 with some appropriate tone
          (I used this event to override playback with a short (1 sec) tone, as it was not possible to stop the playback by setting the device to mute for some reason)

Note: I set with each event the volume before playing just in case. There is a 1 sec wait time that is probably unnecessary.
          Note2: I used endpoint 7 to do the force stop, as it seems to have higher priority (see manual) as other endpoints. Wanted to make sure that it would stop any other endpoint playing.
          Note3: there seems to be two separate versions of the configuration manual. This confused me a LOT. For me the correct one was the one where volume could not be configured by parameters.

With this I'm happy and it works for my purpose.

Comment

Nice work on figuring this out. I suggest sending to HST in hopes they would use the knowledge to add to HS4 so all can benefit without the pain you endured.

... I made a similar comment that disappeared. Censorship much?

Comment

Simo. I've been working with your post and the docs and this is all really helpful stuff. Thanks. However, I'm still confused as to where this value goes. How and where is it entered in HS. Would you mind sending a screen shot or two. Thanks Steve

Comment

Originally posted by spierce328@hotmail.com View Post
                Simo. I've been working with your post and the docs and this is all really helpful stuff. Thanks. However, I'm still confused as to where this value goes. How and where is it entered in HS. Would you mind sending a screen shot or two. Thanks Steve
                He hasn't been on in two months. Maybe a PM would get through.
                HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
                Home Assistant 2024.3
                Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
                Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
                Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
                WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
                AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

ok, thanks

Comment

Not sure how it works, can you manually support it by adding the appropriate status pairs in each child that would be sent to the siren.
                    I'm not sure just what the status pairs are for those children. Can you post what they are.
                    And if they are not there, it should be as simple as finding out just what each number is that the siren requires and setting it in the status screens.

I was going to get one of HS3 but not reticent until I find out what's happening?

Comment

Originally posted by Ltek View Post
                      Nice work on figuring this out. I suggest sending to HST in hopes they would use the knowledge to add to HS4 so all can benefit without the pain you endured.

... I made a similar comment that disappeared. Censorship much?
                      Can't be! They don't monitor this forum. 🙄
                      HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
                      Home Assistant 2024.3
                      Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
                      Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
                      Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
                      WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
                      AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

See Sumo's post of December 5, 2020, above as to the process. The process and the values themselves are contained in this Aeotec doc starting on page 20. Again the issue is not building the decimal string but where and how to put to trigger the Siren 6. Thanks Steve

SPEC-ZW164 Engineering Specification - Indoor Siren 6 - Aeotec - 2019.03.01 (1).pdf

Comment

Originally posted by ewkearns View Post

Can't be! They don't monitor this forum. 🙄
                          Tell me about it, I've lost track of my posts that have mysteriously vanished!

Comment

Hello, I received your PM and happy to clarify the above. The value goes as any other config parameter value for a z-wave device. Not sure if you meant this though?

I also created a Google sheets for concatenating the 4byte value. I can try to find it if helpful for others..

Kind regards Simo

Comment

Gotcha, however, when I tried that it blew up the device settings. That is, the drop down now had missing values, double values and values that had different sounds than the dropdown displayed. None of nodes worked from the GUI. Try this, on a fresh install of the Siren 6, if you leave the "Value" field "blank" and use "3" for the parameter, then, "Set", the program return an already populated value, that when decoded back to hex, has nothing to do with the documented values. I'm respectfully suggesting using "3" may be the wrong value there. If so, then I have no idea what value to use.

Also, I would like to populate these values programmticley from a script at run time. I'm not a programmer. What would the script text look like.

Thanks Steve

Comment

Working...
                              X