Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

long term Stable System all of a sudden has a new error - after update to 3.0.0.548

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• long term Stable System all of a sudden has a new error - after update to 3.0.0.548

So I've had an incredibly stable HS3 system for the past 12 months (the last troubling plugin was the mei harmony hub last year). I havent patched anything since February of this year and right after the update to version 3.0.0.548 I started having this problem with the VWS plugin. While my initial though is that it HAS to be the new HS3 version, I dont see how that can be, unless it is memory leak causing strangeness. Does anyone have any experience with this?

I've done the obvious stuff - rebooting both computers. Also note that complaints - a time difference and file does not exist are bogus - when this error occurs I've logged on to both systems and clocks are correct and the files do exist. It takes anywhere from 8 to 12 hours for this to occur after cycling the plugin.

HELP!

11/7/2019 1:29:38 PM ~Exception error in GetDBaseData(): System.IO.IOException: There is a time and/or date difference between the client and server.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
    at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
    at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
    at hspi_VWS.clsCommands.GetDBaseData()
    11/7/2019 1:29:38 PM ~Exception error in GetDBaseData(): System.IO.IOException: There is a time and/or date difference between the client and server.

at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
    at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)

11/7/2019 1:29:38 PM ~Could not read the DBase file after three attempts: \\garage\c$\vws\data\dbase.csv
    11/7/2019 1:29:38 PM ~no DBase data!
    11/7/2019 1:29:40 PM ~File does not exist: \\garage\c$\vws\data\warning\1.txt
    11/7/2019 1:29:40 PM ~ProcessWarningData()->Updating Wx from 1.txt file
    11/7/2019 1:29:40 PM ~ProcessWarningData()- Warning file does not exist.
    11/7/2019 1:29:42 PM ~File does not exist: \\garage\c$\vws\data\dbase.csv
    11/7/2019 1:29:42 PM ~no DBase data!
    11/7/2019 1:29:45 PM ~File does not exist: \\garage\c$\vws\data\warning\1.txt
    11/7/2019 1:29:45 PM ~ProcessWarningData()->Updating Wx from 1.txt file
    11/7/2019 1:29:45 PM ~ProcessWarningData()- Warning file does not exist.
    11/7/2019 1:29:45 PM ~File does not exist: \\garage\c$\vws\data\dbase.csv
    11/7/2019 1:29:45 PM ~no DBase data!
    11/7/2019 1:29:49 PM ~File does not exist: \\garage\c$\vws\data\dbase.csv
    11/7/2019 1:29:49 PM ~no DBase data!

What is that message that states there is a time difference between server and client? Have you checked system time on the host computer to make sure it is accurate? Also, sometimes the CMOS battery on the motherboard goes dead and this can lead to time not being set properly on the host computer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The clocks are exact to the same second - and these errors are cleared by restarting the vws plugin - no OS-level intervention required

Comment

I am not familiar with the VWS plugin. Have you tried to contact the author?

Comment

Working...
        X