Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there private booleans?

Does HomeSeer offer private booleans?

As in a Virtual Device which could be True/False (On/Off)? Or are you in a script? Can you provide a little more context?
    Karl S
    HS4Pro on Windows 10
    1070 Devices
    56 Z-Wave Nodes
    104 Events
    HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
    Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

Originally posted by ksum View Post
      As in a Virtual Device which could be True/False (On/Off)? Or are you in a script? Can you provide a little more context?
      As a device being true or false.

for now I made a virtual switch for my events

Comment

I have just used a Virtual Device with a value of On and Off. To me that is the same thing even though behind the scenes it is not. For the purposes of Events, etc. in HomeSeer, though, it works the same. I don't have the number of items it apparently takes to start showing a slowdown, though. It sounds as if you set up the same thing.
        Karl S
        HS4Pro on Windows 10
        1070 Devices
        56 Z-Wave Nodes
        104 Events

Comment

I have just used a Virtual Device with a value of On and Off. To me that is the same thing even though behind the scenes it is not. For the purposes of Events, etc. in HomeSeer, though, it works the same. I don't have the number of items it apparently takes to start showing a slowdown, though. It sounds as if you set up the same thing.
          Slow downs?

Comment

Read a claim in another thread, bit so not remember which, that a large number of devices slowed down HomeSeer. I have never seen it myself not do I remember hearing about it otherwise but I admittedly do not read all the posts nor all the threads.

I currently only have 268 "Devices" and 68 Events and I know others have more. I can't imagine how many it would take to slow the system down.
            Karl S
            HS4Pro on Windows 10
            1070 Devices
            56 Z-Wave Nodes
            104 Events

Comment

526 devices and 464 events on an old PC. No "slow downs" yet.

Comment

I have seen post of over 2000 devices. Even saw a screen shot of 4500+ devices. I cant even imagine how to keep up with those, Much less me remember what they were for!!

Admittedly, I do not have any idea what was powering those systems.

Comment

Read a claim in another thread, bit so not remember which, that a large number of devices slowed down HomeSeer. I have never seen it myself not do I remember hearing about it otherwise but I admittedly do not read all the posts nor all the threads.

I currently only have 268 "Devices" and 68 Events and I know others have more. I can't imagine how many it would take to slow the system down.
                  The reported slowdown is only related to trying to display many/all devices in the Device Management screen. Event execution, etc. is not affected at all. I have nearly 2000 devices and starting to approach 1200 events and there are no performance issues and there are much larger systems out there that work fine.
                  HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                  Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Working...
                  X