Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does this error message mean and how do I resolve it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does this error message mean and how do I resolve it?

I receive the following error message in the HS Logs every time I load HS
    Nov-17 7:52:31 PM Error ASP.Net page: Could not load file or assembly 'HomeSeerUtil, Version=3.0.0.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
    How do I resolve this issue? I assume I'm missing a file.

Someone may know the answer! If it were me I would disable all plugins and see if it does it on restart. If not I would enable plugins one at a time and restart until you find the culprit.

Comment

You’re somehow missing the 'HomeSeerUtil, Version=3.0.0.1 file. Not sure what version of HS3 you’re running but try updating your version and see if that solves your problem.

Comment

Originally posted by IanIreland View Post
        Someone may know the answer! If it were me I would disable all plugins and see if it does it on restart. If not I would enable plugins one at a time and restart until you find the culprit.
        Thanks for the suggestion. I will try that.

Comment

Originally posted by concordseer View Post
          You’re somehow missing the 'HomeSeerUtil, Version=3.0.0.1 file. Not sure what version of HS3 you’re running but try updating your version and see if that solves your problem.
          I downloaded the latest version of HS3 Pro about 10 days ago and began with a fresh install (both of HS3 and Windows 10). I'll try downloading it again to see if that helps.

Comment

HomeSeerUtil.dll should be in the /bin folder. Is it missing?
            Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
            HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF, Rain8Net+ | RFXCOM | QSE100D | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | X10: XTB-232, -IIR | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
              HomeSeerUtil.dll should be in the /bin folder. Is it missing?
              The file is present. I'm not getting the error message anymore. I used the Task Scheduler to create a scheduled task which loads HS3 upon startup. The error message began after I created the scheduled task. I deleted the task, rebooted, and now the error is gone.

I'm trying to get HomeSeer to load automatically when the HomeSeer server reboots. I can't seem to figure it out 100%. I've followed the instructions on a previous thread but can't get it figured out.

Comment

It is likely a permission issue. HomeSeer is designed to be run as a desktop application by a logged in user with admin permissions. I recommend
                1. Create a user with admin rights
                2. Set UAC to minimum
                3. Use netplwiz.exe to have the computer automatically log in as that user when Windows starts up
                4. Use the free Startup Delayer from r2 Studios to launch HS after startup. Under the advanced settings have the application launch with the highest privileges
                5. Do not use your HomeSeer computer for browsing, email or anything other than running HomeSeer
                Randy Prade
                Aurora, CO
                Prades.net

PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                  It is likely a permission issue. HomeSeer is designed to be run as a desktop application by a logged in user with admin permissions. I recommend
                  1. Create a user with admin rights
                  2. Set UAC to minimum
                  3. Use netplwiz.exe to have the computer automatically log in as that user when Windows starts up
                  4. Use the free Startup Delayer from r2 Studios to launch HS after startup. Under the advanced settings have the application launch with the highest privileges
                  5. Do not use your HomeSeer computer for browsing, email or anything other than running HomeSeer
                  Thanks for the advice. I will give it a try.

Comment

Working...
                  X