Anyway to control WiFi RGB lights?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyway to control WiFi RGB lights?

I got a couple RGB Recess and strip lights, some magic home and some Lumary. They each have their own amp and are both compatible with Google Assistant and Alexa. Is there any way to control them with Homeseer?

A common approach is to install Tasmota or other open firmware and then use MQTT (mcsMQTT plugin) as the HS control mechanism. I did it with Magichome BR40's a year or two ago, but these were of poor build quality and were returned. I have no experience with Lumary.

These lights were installed in a 17 ft high ceiling so was a real hassle to change them out. Rather than going through the experience again I used a Sonoff 4CH Pro with Tasmota installed to provide the smart control and then standard LED lamps in the ceiling. Since I wanted to control each of the four lights independently I ran individual wires as I had attic access to this type of wiring mod. If I just wanted control of the group of four then I would have installed a smart light switch to replace the standard toggle switch in the wall.

Comment

Well... I already have Zwave dimmers in the wall at these location problem is, they don't do well with dimmers, so I was hoping to use the existing switches as more of a scene controller. But in order to do that, they must be able to communicate with homeseer, I don't believe I can do MQTT with the lumary bulb which are the ones I'm most concern about. I have 4 of them that's waiting to be installed. Would like to have this figured out before popping them in.

Comment

Originally posted by dannieboiz View Post
        I got a couple RGB Recess and strip lights, some magic home and some Lumary. They each have their own amp and are both compatible with Google Assistant and Alexa. Is there any way to control them with Homeseer?
        I have a number of the Magic Home controllers and use the drhsipPlugin to control them in HomeSeer. It was quite easy to setup, see this post for more information, https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ge...strip-lighting
        Billy

Comment

Originally posted by bdraper View Post

I have a number of the Magic Home controllers and use the drhsipPlugin to control them in HomeSeer. It was quite easy to setup, see this post for more information, https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ge...strip-lighting

If I'm reading this corretly drhsipPlugin is sending IP command to the WiFI capabile controller?

Comment

dannieboiz did you ever get this figured out? Lumary lights with HomeSeer?

Comment

Originally posted by Esek11 View Post
              dannieboiz did you ever get this figured out? Lumary lights with HomeSeer?
              I ended up replacing my switches with a Zooz Zen 27 switch which only allows the on/off by utilize a scene and events. Dimming and color changing is done all through Google Assistant or the app. I don't change color all the time so I'm ok with this.

Comment

Have you tried Tuya?

I was able to control Wi-Fi LED strips from Costco via Tuya and the HS Tuya plugin

Comment

Originally posted by gelessor View Post
                  Have you tried Tuya?

I was able to control Wi-Fi LED strips from Costco via Tuya and the HS Tuya plugin
                  Thanks for bringing up Tuya, forgot to mention it.
                  Yes I do have Tuya and that is how I also do color and scenes setting and is part of the event. Pretty redundant because you have a switch created by Tuya and them the zwave switch that controls the Tuya switch etc.. messy but it works

Comment

Working...
                  X