Displays on the walls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Displays on the walls

I was thinking of putting up TV monitors that display HS info (HSTouch) and using tablets for the interaction part since the TV's are not touchscreen.
    Maybe a 32" TV or something?
    Thoughts?
    A computer's attention span is as long
    as it's powercord.

Interesting idea. You would have to cast the tablet to the TV for the video. One issue I see is that if I am using the tablet to navigate, thus looking at it, I will not really be looking at the TV.

Comment

What do you intend to display on the screen? I'm having trouble thinking of what would be too large to display on a tablet.
      Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

It is not that I plan to display something too big for a tablet, just things like weather info, and status of the house and messages left by the family or reminders for the day or upcoming birthday etc. Then use the tables to interact with homeseer like changing lights or whatever. But the TV would be a message central of sorts to do to for status updates.
        as it's powercord.

Comment

32 inch tv's are like $99 at Walmart and a Raspberry Pi running a browser could display the webpage.
          as it's powercord.

Comment

I see. A bit like the refrigerator with the touch display in it.

Why not just a touch screen monitor or a all on one PC with a touch screen? I guess it seems a bit awkward to me to have to use the tablet to interact with a monitor.

Maybe I am not understanding what you intent to do. Example, one of your family members comes home and there is a message on the monitor for them. They could read that message and then go to a tablet to dismiss the message. If they wanted to display a response they would use a tablet to enter the message that would be displayed on the monitor.

Comment

Originally posted by sdanks View Post
              32 inch tv's are like $99 at Walmart and a Raspberry Pi running a browser could display the webpage.
              HSTouch is not a web page. Or were you just using that as an example? If the intent is to display static info it would seem to work great. Maybe the new responsive interface could be used for this. I am not sure how customization it will be.

Comment

I'd be a bit skeptical of the quality of a $100 32inch TV.
                On the other hand, you can get a Fire HD8 for $50. The HD10's were less than $100 last week, and probably will be again. Mounted in a convenient location they can be very easy to read and interact with.
                Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
                HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by sdanks View Post
                  You already have the idea! Just go here : https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/homeseer-products-services/general-discussion-area/1264498-homeseer-smart-mirror From there to : https://www.evervuestore.com/product/mirrorvue-standard-sizes-single-sinks/ And all about it, many YouTube D.I.Y videos and the link to how to : https://magicmirror.builders/ Of course it is out there and not a new idea anymore. Some people speak to them through Google home API and some add a mini cameras for facial recognition

Eman.
                  TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

So I guess what I mean is a display on the wall and then the tablet running HSTouch as well. The wall would just display several things. This is what I am in the middle of working on even though it is for a tablet. I could remove the buttons on the bottom for the wall display. I could even rotate through several screens.Click image for larger version

Name:	Home.png
Views:	269
Size:	380.7 KB
ID:	1346314
                    as it's powercord.

Comment

A picture is worth a thousand words. That looks nice.

Comment

You can definitely build a custom week page to display on the tv via a browser on a connected computer, a Chromecast, or even a smart TV capability. Here is a recent thread.
                        I am very close to dropping the coin for Homeseer pro. I just have one issue. I am getting a new Samsung fridge with the touch screen. While I know i cant
                        Karl S
                        HS4Pro on Windows 10
                        1070 Devices
                        56 Z-Wave Nodes
                        104 Events
                        HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
                        Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

Working...
                        X