Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS3 crashes because of a DistributedCOM failure

Hi,
    I reinstalled (clean installation) my HS3 laptop half year ago . But sometimes HS3 crashed. I think it is ones a month. If i look at the system logfile i see an Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM error.

General the says: (for the dutch supporters )
    In de machtigingsinstellingen toepassingsspecifiek wordt de machtiging Starten niet verleend aan Lokaal voor de COM-servertoepassing met CLSID
    Windows.SecurityCenter.SecurityAppBroker en APPID
    Niet beschikbaar aan de gebruiker NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM SID (S-1-5-18) met het adres LocalHost (via LRPC) die wordt uitgevoerd in de toepassingscontainer Niet beschikbaar SID (Niet beschikbaar). Deze beveiligingsmachtiging kan worden gewijzigd met het beheerprogramma van Component Services.

I says something about there is no autorisation for the COM server application CLSID

Two questions:
    - could this the reason that HS3 crashes?
    - How can i solve this issue?

Versions:
    HS3 3.0.0.548
    Windows 10 Pro: 10.0.18363 Build 18363
    Acer laptop with 8 GB memory and enough disk space available

thnx

Hello,

Are you sure it is a HS3 crash and not a Windows 10 monthly autoreboot after update download/installation ?
    I had similar issue on my system and it went away after I disable windows automatic reboot in the task manager.

Comment

Yes i’m almost sure. Windows 10 is still running and i don’t see something in the log that the laptop is restarted.

I think i have to add some hs3 tools so i can better monitor the system. I will look into jon00 tools.

but i will also look into your suggestions. If that does the trick then is also ok :-) thnx

Comment

Hello,

Maybe you should check in windows task planer > Microsoft > Windows > UpdateOrchestrator and check when Reboot/Reboot_AC/Reboot_battery task have been triggered for the last time.
        If this date match your last « HS3 crash » then there is a chance that HS3 has been stopped upon a Windows automatic update reboot.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Comment

These types of issues are typically cleared up with a clean Windows installation if you can't find the source of this issue. Backup your HS3 installation and rebuild Windows and reload HS3.
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

@Rupp: That's what i already did.
            @Shodan: that i will check it the next time. What i did for know (and i just have done it already for a long time) make the startup of HS automaticly after startup . So if there is a reboot HS will be available again ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6mmLKPrmXU )

So all: thnx all for the help

Comment

Working...
            X