web server won't start, invalid address

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

web server won't start, invalid address

I upgraded my LAN and ended up with a lot of different stuff, including the IP address of the Windows 10 PC running HS3. I can't access HS3 in a browser, but it is running. Reading the logs shows I had hard-coded the web server IP address on the old 192.168.0.x subnet, while the PC is on 192.168.1.x on the new network.

How can I change the web server address to the new one, or better yet make the address selection automatic?

Edit: I have version 3.0.0.435

You could just log into your new router and change the address range from 192.168.1.x back to 192.168.0.x.

You could temporarily set your computer to a static IP address in the range of 192.168.0.x than access your HomeSeer server and set the IP address to dynamic rather than static.

Since t this a windows version of HomeSeer. If so you could hook up a monitor and keyboard and mouse, log in and access HomeSeer from a browser running on the HomeSeer computer.

Comment

Where did you hard-coded the web server IP address? A restart of the hardware should pull a new IPAddress if you are using the routers build in DHCP. I'd recommend using the new routers DHCP reservation and reserve the address for your HS3 server.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by drhtmal View Post
        You could temporarily set your computer to a static IP address in the range of 192.168.0.x than access your HomeSeer server and set the IP address to dynamic rather than static.

Since t this a windows version of HomeSeer. If so you could hook up a monitor and keyboard and mouse, log in and access HomeSeer from a browser running on the HomeSeer computer.
        Doh!! I should have known that. The old change-the-computer-to-the-correct-subnet trick. Once on the right subnet (for HS3, not the network) I went into settings and removed the "bind to IP" drop down menu set to the old static IP. I set it to "do not bind". I should note that "bind to IP" menu is not in SETTINGS > NETWORK menu. Then I put the Windows PC back to the new router subnet and rebooted. Now HS3 is accessible on the new subnet.

Comment

Working...
        X