No announcement yet.

Failed Sending Z-Wave Command to Device

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a bit of confusion among some devices when I tried including a device I used to use and decided to use it again. It became part of an existing Zooz power strip that wasn't actually being used. I eliminated it, then tried including again, this time it became part of an Aeotec wall wart.

I'm inclined to think some z-wave database got corrupted. If so, it got corrupted during a write because we have not had any power failures or reboots around that time. For now, all's well.

I left X10 and went to z-wave because of issues. I'm too old to do that again so I'll have to figure out a way to manage all this stuff.

Comment

Just following up on my earlier post. I updated to the beta version of the zwave plugin and voila, no more issues. It just works.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
        Is Z-wave becoming the new X10? Is the application of the technology exceeding its design limits? These kinds of semi-mysterious issues sound suspiciously familiar.
        Almost all of these lock problems are non-zwave plus locks. The biggest device to benefit from zwave plus is locks. Yet all the lock vendors were very slow to change over. Even with higher end Yale it is still necessary to be sure to buy the zwave plus module.

Comment

Originally posted by dmiller View Post

Almost all of these lock problems are non-zwave plus locks. The biggest device to benefit from zwave plus is locks. Yet all the lock vendors were very slow to change over. Even with higher end Yale it is still necessary to be sure to buy the zwave plus module.
          I'm not an English teacher, but the letters P L U S at the bottom of the Z-Wave logo indicate to me this assumption is incorrect

Comment

Tillsy

re:
            1. When I detect the door is closed I automatically lock the door as usual - BUT then wait 10 seconds and force a poll on the door lock. IF the lock command failed but HS3 flagged it as locked the status now reverts back to its true status of "unlocked".
            2. I have a second event that is set to lock the door if it is unlocked but not opened within 10 seconds - this automatically triggers because HS3 considers the above to be an "unlock" and of course the door is closed. I modified this event to call the above lock event so the wait and poll commands are repeated.
            How do you cause the REPOLL to occur? can you shr eyour code for these 2 events?

Comment

Working...
            X