Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Multiple family members access to system?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple family members access to system?

I am BRAND NEW to homeseer and bought the standard version (with upgrade to hs4 when it comes out). Did not see the need to the pro as it was significantly more expensive I know there is a learning curve to this and have been researching.
    I have installed a bunch of zooz dimmers and on off switches through out house. My question is this.
    I wanted to set it up so our 3 children (teenagers) have access to turn off thier own lights in their rooms...... but not to be able to screw with their siblings and control theirs. lol

I see under setting and network the spot to add multiple users and passwords. I made accounts. bob, sally, timmy, etc.... When I installed Homeseer app on their phones, it asked for them to log in. But only wanted their email address.

i did research and said to go to MYHS.com (something like that) and make them accounts. I did not see that option.

Please correct me if I am wrong. But after reading more, it sounds like I need the PRO version to allow other family members to use the app on their phone. Without just logging them into the app with my credentials and giving them the keys to the kingdom so to speak.

I don't need out of the house use for them. Just in the house access. Please please please tell me this is an option with Homeseer? Please don't tell me I have to get pro license for couple hundred bucks more JUST so they can have their own accounts?

My HS is a service that is available for both standard and pro. You don't need to purchase pro. go here: https://myhs.homeseer.com/ on any browser and create your account.

Hope this helps

Comment

More on that here : https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/homeseer-products-services/cloud-service-integrations/myhs-remote-access-service/109865-setting-up-multiple-users-on-same-account

Eman.
      TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Thanks for the responses. Although that link really doesn't answer it. Says two different things. Says it is possible to have multiple users with the homeseer app on my Android or their iPhones. But I still can't find a walk through or description on how to do it. I have users setup. I have what they are allowed to do. Just don't know how to get them to log on to an app with their user and so they only have access to what I allow them too.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips330 View Post
          Thanks for the responses. Although that link really doesn't answer it. Says two different things. Says it is possible to have multiple users with the homeseer app on my Android or their iPhones. But I still can't find a walk through or description on how to do it. I have users setup. I have what they are allowed to do. Just don't know how to get them to log on to an app with their user and so they only have access to what I allow them too.
          You would have them log into myHS.homeseer.com from their phones using the HomeSeer app and their user ID. You will need the premium (paid) version of myHomeSeer which allows multiple logons for this to work. The free myHomeSeer only allows one login.

Comment

Personally I wouldn't recommend it. I had multiple users configured in Homeseer for a couple of years using the web interface and it was nothing but trouble. I think it's a poorly implemented and poorly tested part of the application, likely because few people use it. Removing all global access to certain devices breaks Alexa and Google integration (as those APIs have no ability to specify a user when connecting). I've got a few posts in the board about the quirks I've run across, including lack of separate session tracking between users (one user filters to a specific room or floor, and after the next refresh another user is now switched to the same room or floor filter).

Just getting the web interface to prompt for a user if you have a default set is a challenge. I found that it only worked if I quickly clicked "logout" twice in a row, otherwise you were logged in as the default user.

I did it initially to reduce the confusion for my wife, but since she uses the voice interface exclusively now I've been able to get rid of multiple users.

Good luck if you do go down that path, let us know how it goes, or any lessons learned (aka "bugs").

Comment

Working...
            X