"Node X" prefix in some views for Z-Wave devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Node X" prefix in some views for Z-Wave devices

I have a device called "Lights" in the room "Mudroom". In most views (event configuration, device list, etc) it's called "Mudroom Lights" as expected. But in other views like when linking devices together or when devices are imported into Google Home via HomeSeer link, the include a Z-Wave prefix (e.g. "Node 7 Mudroom Lights"). This is very annoying, especially for the Google Home integration because I have to rename every single device after importing it if I want them to work correctly. And because of how the HomeSeer/Google Home link is implemented, if I add a device I have to unlink and relink Homeseer and rename everything again... How can I prevent this prefix for polluting my data?

That prefix is automatically added as location 2 on Z-Wave inclusion. If you use Z-Tool to include you can choose different locations, but they will still be required for voice commands. You should be able to use a friendly name in the Voice Command field on the Device’s Configuration tab. You may have to delete the Google device and rediscover it after you enter that name. That name will replace the Device’s name and will not include the locations. There is no way to bypass this step.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Oh thank you, that will definitely help. There's no way to maintain the home/room information in Google after relinking though? That means I still have to move every single device in Google Home every time I add or remove a device in Homeseer

Comment

Originally posted by anstosa View Post
        Oh thank you, that will definitely help. There's no way to maintain the home/room information in Google after relinking though? That means I still have to move every single device in Google Home every time I add or remove a device in Homeseer
        You should not have to re-link. Just sync by saying "hey google, synchronize homeseer".

Comment

Originally posted by anstosa View Post
          I think that is true. I don’t think you can rename a device in HomeSeer and have the name propagate to an already discovered GH device. That was my experience with Amazon Echo when I played with it. My SO hates voice command so it had a short shelf life here.
          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Working...
          X