This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Virus found in hspi_pinger.exe ?

I have just found a virus on my pc causing some errors. You might want to check yours and pass it on. Maybe just me but you never know. This was what i found

C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\HSPI_PINGER.exe a variant of MSIL/Kryptik.JOK trojan cleaned by deleting

C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\Jon00EmailHS3.exe a variant of MSIL/Kryptik.RWF trojan cleaned by deleting

What is HSPI_pinger.exe used for?

How can i replace/ correct?

The files are currently deleted. So i am thinking i need to reinstall them?

Any help appreciated.

Regards

Originally posted by ben pownall View Post
    I have just found a virus on my pc causing some errors. You might want to check yours and pass it on. Maybe just me but you never know. This was what i found

C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\HSPI_PINGER.exe a variant of MSIL/Kryptik.JOK trojan cleaned by deleting

C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\Jon00EmailHS3.exe a variant of MSIL/Kryptik.RWF trojan cleaned by deleting

What is HSPI_pinger.exe used for?

How can i replace/ correct?

The files are currently deleted. So i am thinking i need to reinstall them?

Any help appreciated.

Regards

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/threats/malware-encyclopedia-description?Name=Trojan:MSIL/Kryptik.R!ibt&ThreatID=2147742236
    This is one which Jon00 can explain. The new attackers on networks are homing on apps they take over and turn them into their own and may reside on your network without your knowledge for a very long time. When I had issues, two of Jon00's plugins are among the ones which were flagged (I don't know if it's old code, that's not my field) I used TrojanKiller : https://trojan-killer.com/ and Tdsskiller : https://usa.kaspersky.com/downloads/tdsskiller
    For more on security and other bits, this is a good read : https://www.adamcouch.co.uk/author/acouch/page/7/

Eman.
    TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Is this a plugin or core items? Look like for items in the HS app.

Anyone know if this affects the Linux distros since they are really only. Net ports?

Steve

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by splumlee View Post
        Is this a plugin or core items? Look like for items in the HS app.

Anyone know if this affects the Linux distros since they are really only. Net ports?

Steve

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
        I checked on my system (Debian Server 18.04) and I have no file anywhere in my entire system directory structure that has pinger in it. This leads me to conclude that the file is a plugin.

Comment

Just checked my Windows HS setup and don't see any pinger related file either.
          HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

HSPI_pinger.exe is a network ping plugin written by a plugin developer called SmarterControl. He decided to go against the rules and started selling his plugins via his own updater. Subsequently, his developer forum was withdrawn by HST and he finally went his own way. This plugin is around 5-6 years old so I very much doubt it suddenly has a virus and is a false positive.

Regarding the virus warnings for my application, it also is a false positive. I provide information about virus warnings (and why they happen) on my HS3 downloads page.
            Jon

Comment

Ok sorry to bother everyone.

Comment

Working...
              X