Event Overlap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Event Overlap

I'm trying to reduce errors in responses to commands to some devices. This is most often my locks. When the door unlocks by a known user code it sets the mode to home and a couple other things. However, when it unlocks due to some other event like coming into range of my 1000 meter bluetooth / Geofency set up that triggers other events at the same time it often fails.

99.99% of the time if I just send it an open command as a single command from the HS3 web interface it unlocks. This leads me to believe that for lack of a better term it's collisions or some HS3 buffer issue.

So my real question is how HS3 may handle this. Is it better to break down events by putting some small delays in steps of several events...would running 3-5 events all at the same time with delays help more. Is this likely just overloading the zwave interface? I've done a little trial and error and it seems to, but since failures are random it is hard to nail down. I guess the real question is does HS3 handle a number of events all running at the same time quite well, which I think it does, or not.

I've already split devices across 4 ZWAVE interfaces...though I may just rebuild everything when HS4 comes out to get routing a little cleaner and more devices that run inside events at the same time spread out a little more. I'm not sure if that really helps or not...but it seems to me it does. The locks are older 40K's as well. On the other hand, when I send commands to turn on or off every light in the house...I very rarely see any switch fail and that a few dozen devices.

Confused...

Thanks...

Tom

The problem is most likely the result of physical events "colliding". That is, HS is likely orders of magnitude faster than needed to keep up with events, but when those events require physical systems to act - and possibly confirm their action - the process(es) can take noticeable time. If you want suggestions about your specific case you will need to provide considerable detail about what is happening when you experience failures.
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Thanks Michael! I'll work on a couple things myself and come back and bug people if I can't figure it out.

Comment

Working...
      X