Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ERROR: The request timed out -- Downloading update control file: Error: SendFailure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• matt1t
    replied
    I've seem to have hit the same issue. Thanks for posting this as it gave me the information I needed!

I'm on CentOS, so you need to run:
    cert-sync /etc/pki/tls/certs/ca-bundle.crt

Leave a comment:

• dhennen
    replied
    If anyone else encounters this, it seems some upgrade of Mono (C#) didn't keep the SSL CA certificates.

Code:
    apt install ca-certificates-mono
    plus a restart of HomeSeer (I don't know if the restart was needed) got me going again. The exact command for your Linux distro may vary.

Leave a comment:

• ERROR: The request timed out -- Downloading update control file: Error: SendFailure

I have a similar problem as in this 2017 thread. Searching past forum posts, I wasn't able to find a solution.

I go to Plug-Ins -> Manage. "Additional Interfaces" section says "ERROR: The request timed out".

Using the "Update Listing" button waits for a long time, then shows the same thing.

When starting up HomeSeer the logs say "Error Downloading update control file: Error: SendFailure (Error writing headers)"

Selecting any plugin and trying to update results in the download taking a long time and results in "Error saving the downloaded file: error". The logs say "Error downloading package HSPI_HSBuddy.exe:The request timed out" and "Updater Error saving the downloaded file: error"

On the host machine (Linux) I'm able to manually download http://www.homeseer.com/updates3/updater.txt

This feels like a directory permission issue. The service runs as root, so permissions should not be an issue.

It also feels like it could be lake of drive space. There are multiple gigs free on all partitions.

The info from the about page is below.

Any suggestions on next steps for troubleshooting?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-01-14 at 8.30.22 AM.png
Views:	187
Size:	100.7 KB
ID:	1354199

Current Date/Time: 1/14/2020 8:23:28 AM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548
    Linux version: Linux unicorn 4.4.0-171-generic #200-Ubuntu SMP Tue Dec 3 11:04:55 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux System Uptime: 0 Days 0 Hours 10 Minutes 41 Seconds
    IP Address: 192.168.1.100
    Number of Devices: 223
    Number of Events: 105
    Available Threads: 797
    HSTouch Enabled: True
    Event Threads: 0
    Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
    Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
    Device Exec Queue: 0
    HSTouch Event Queue: 0
    Email Send Queue: 0

Enabled Plug-Ins