The Home Remote (thehomeremote.com)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Home Remote (thehomeremote.com)

Any members who use the home remote as an interface to Homeseer willing to do a quick "how to control a device" intro on the newest version? I generally consider myself fairly tech savvy but I can't figure out how to turn on/off a simple light. There are several tutorials from the vendor on youtube but they are for the previous version, which is significantly different.

Any help is appreciated.

Here’s your place
    https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!forum/thehomeremote

Comment

The problem with Google groups is that's it's got too much history. 90% of the conversations and examples in the forum are related to the old version, not the current one. Plus it's organized by date, which forces you to search, and how do you create a logical search when you don't know what you're looking for?

Comment

I don’t trust it

Comment

Originally posted by kideon View Post
          I don’t trust it
          Don't trust Home Remote? Why is that?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

Who are the developers and how are they getting paid for their work. Domain isn’t registered through godaddy by proxy.

Comment

Originally posted by kideon View Post
              Who are the developers and how are they getting paid for their work. Domain isn’t registered through godaddy by proxy.
              The app isn't free. Not a secret who the developer is.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/bill-venhaus-1a46b510

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

Oh ok I didn’t know

Comment

mterry63
                  I know this is an old thread but did you solve as Im thinking of giving home remote a go
                  You are still using it? Still like it?
                  Any tips?

Thanks

Comment

Yes, Bill published a number of Youtube videos on the new designer that explains many of the details. It's a big change from the HSTouch designer but very powerful once you have the basic concepts. They also moved the forums from Google Groups to Discord, which is much better. I wish HST would adopt a new forum software like Discord. The simple fact is that Bill actively maintains this software where HSTouch is basically abandoned with the same bugs for years.

There are probably people here on the board like Eman that are better with the software than me. Honestly, I'm in the process of migrating completely to Home Assistant and away from HomeSeer.

Comment

Originally posted by mterry63 View Post
                      Yes, Bill published a number of Youtube videos on the new designer that explains many of the details.
                      Is this the video series you're referring to?
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o91T...s9otuq80n7EiBh

Thanks.
                      -Wade

Comment

Yes, that's the series. Some of the Home Remote users have posted V3 videos as well. One nice thing is that it's easy to import other people's designs and investigate how they make things work. Obviously device controls don't map/work, but all the UI controls will work, which is the harder part. The forum has been reasonably active.

The Home Remote designer is more "programmer" centric than the WYSIWYG approach that HSTouch takes, but once you want to really make HSTouch work, you'll be into the weeds of programmatic control. I think once you understand the fundamentals of the Home Remote, it is straightforward. Bill is always helpful answering questions.

Comment

Originally posted by mterry63 View Post
                          Yes, that's the series. Some of the Home Remote users have posted V3 videos as well. One nice thing is that it's easy to import other people's designs and investigate how they make things work. Obviously device controls don't map/work, but all the UI controls will work, which is the harder part. The forum has been reasonably active.

The Home Remote designer is more "programmer" centric than the WYSIWYG approach that HSTouch takes, but once you want to really make HSTouch work, you'll be into the weeds of programmatic control. I think once you understand the fundamentals of the Home Remote, it is straightforward. Bill is always helpful answering questions.
                          Thanks.
                          -Wade

Comment

Working...
                          X