Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

hs3 running on 100% disk (windows10 upgrade)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hs3 running on 100% disk (windows10 upgrade)

Hi all,

i did upgrade windows 7 to windows 10
    i started up homeseer and i get a 100% disk usage..

1)I did disable the realtime protection, supersearch all kind of things.. but no result.
    2) I did disable plugin by plugin and no result
    3) start up plugin by plugin (noticed something)

- Like i started first rfxcom, all went fine.
    - started plugwise plugin and did go to 99% disable it and it went to normal after 2 minutes)
    - started phlocation2 no increase of disc usage.
    - started mcsmqtt it increases to 99% disable it and stays 99%, so i disabled the 2 running plugins and went to normal after 5 minutes)
    - started easytrigger allone and 99% disc usage... disabled it and after 3 min it went to 4
    - started pushover and no increase...

So what can be causing this?

i never had this b4 the upgrade.

Hope someone can help me because this is causing the system to delay a lot...

Preferred -> Jon's Plugins, Pushover, Phlocation, Easy-trigger,
    Rfxcom, Blade Plugins, Pushbullet, homekit, Malosa Scripts

HS3Pro 4.1.14.0 on windows 10 enterprise X64 on hp quadcore laptop 8 GB.

Can you post some info about the disk usage? Some Windows stats on what is happening? How old is the system? I am assuming by disk usage you are referring to something other than the disk being full.

Comment

the laptop is new, and did work always normal, till i upgraded to windows 10 because of the ended windows 7...

Well as u can see in this screenshot it jus stays between 84 and 100%
      there i just started 1 of the plugins that cause the issue...

Comment

I had this when I fist started using W10. It was W10 downloading updates. I finally shut down the updates and it's back to normal.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
          I had this when I fist started using W10. It was W10 downloading updates. I finally shut down the updates and it's back to normal.
          hi rupp

the updates are already disabled..

for some reason it only happens to specific plugins that maybe use a file that causes the lag but dont know what file..

Comment

if i start phlocation + rfxcom + pushover it works normal

and if i start eather plugwise, mcsmqtt, easytrigger it wil cause 99% all the time.

what i did notice is that when i use one of these plugins the hsd database file keeps popping up, maybe its because its saving all the time ?
            so i'm 99% sure it causes the lag because of saving to the hsd file...

any idea what i can do about it ?

Comment

Is there any change if you disable event processing?
              Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
              HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

There are some old discussions of your version of HomeSeer (3.0.0.531) causing issues. (catalog of them here : https://www.google.com/search?client...causing+issues)

1, But first off start by saving your HomeSeer root folder before you update.
                2, Download and run this tool : https://usa.kaspersky.com/downloads/tdsskiller to see and remove any parasites if any!
                3, This one : https://trojan-killer.com/#advantages is not free but the " dog's b#'#*&cks" to see and remove more parasites if any!

Eman.

TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Eman

well i did a clean install and same problem...
                  updates / virusscanner etc all disabled also background apps...

the pc starts normal i can use any app i want with normal usage..
                  when i start homeseer it runs normal as i gonna enable one of the 3 plugins (mscmqtt, easytrigger, plugwise) it goes 90/100%

The plugins pushover,phlocation2,and some small ones work normal.

Even when i start 1 of dem 3 they directly go to 80/90%

@Uncle Michael
                  my events are still running and not causing any problems.

regards

Comment

well apperantly its a fault in that version as the beta of hs4 works perfectly ...
                    so i go upgrade to the last 3x version

thanks again

Comment

Working...
                    X