Daily email including all errors in the log over the past 24 hrs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrceolla View Post
    I created my own little script to do this. In case anyone else is interested, I pasted it below. I setup an event to run this about every 24 hrs. You can pass in the number of hours you want to look backwards, otherwise it defaults to 25 hours. You can specify an array of words to look for within the log entries.
    mrceolla
    I hope you don't mind but I was prompted(inspired) by your idea to build something similar into my free SDJ-Health pi. I go about it a bit differently because everything is grouped around Interfaces (plug-ins) in the General Devices section of SDJ-Health. One other thing I do slightly differently, which you may want to consider in your script, is that I run matches on the LogType as well as the LogText. The reason being that some plug-ins tend to add words to their name in the LogType. For example the Z-Wave pi uses LogTypes 'Z-Wave', Z-Wave Warning' and 'Z-Wave Error'.

The update is almost complete and will be in the next SDJ-Health beta.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by SteveMSJ View Post

mrceolla
      I hope you don't mind but I was prompted(inspired) by your idea to build something similar into my free SDJ-Health pi. I go about it a bit differently because everything is grouped around Interfaces (plug-ins) in the General Devices section of SDJ-Health. One other thing I do slightly differently, which you may want to consider in your script, is that I run matches on the LogType as well as the LogText. The reason being that some plug-ins tend to add words to their name in the LogType. For example the Z-Wave pi uses LogTypes 'Z-Wave', Z-Wave Warning' and 'Z-Wave Error'.

The update is almost complete and will be in the next SDJ-Health beta.

Steve
      I certainly don't mind. Seems like the idea fits into the "health" category. I don't quite understand exactly how this would work in your plugin in regards to adding things to look for, and what things to ignore, but I'm sure you'll figure out something people will like.

FYI, my script does look through the entire log line when searching, log type and log text included.
      HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
      Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

Originally posted by mrceolla View Post

FYI, my script does look through the entire log line when searching, log type and log text included.
        You are of course correct. Serves me right for making assumptions based on my own stumblings without looking properly at your script😳. As I say, my approach is a bit different.

Steve

Comment

Working...
        X