Device randomly turning off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Device randomly turning off

My outlet switch that controls my ice maker seems to be randomly turning off at times. I've searched the log, and can see the times it turns off, but, in the log, cannot see where the command is originating (event, other device, etc). If there is a way, please let me know.

I've searched my events, and I do not see anything in the events. And I do not think it is Amazon Alexa or a switch, because it has happened when away from home, or asleep.

None of the normal Ice Maker events that turn it off are set for "security" in the "Options" section

Any thoughts are appreciated.

It might not have anything to do with HS. It could be a problem with the switch itself.
    Assuming HS is involved, you could try tenHSEvents to see if that provides any clues.
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF, Rain8Net+ | RFXCOM | QSE100D | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | X10: XTB-232, -IIR | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3

Comment

What kind of switch is it? Z-Wave, X10, etc?
      -Rupp
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
        What kind of switch is it? Z-Wave, X10, etc?
        Z-wave device.

I had the idea it could be turning off by itself, but didn't think it would report back to Homeseer if it did.

Comment

Try disabling all of your events and test. If this doesn't work try shutting down HS3 and see if the device is still turning off.
          -Rupp
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CinBRandon View Post

Z-wave device.

I had the idea it could be turning off by itself, but didn't think it would report back to Homeseer if it did.
            Most do - so you would see the status change logged in HS but doesn't mean HS wasn't necessarily responsible. You should see a preceding "Event Trigger" if one of your events has caused it.

Is this a recent incident that has begun happening?

Comment

Yes, seems to have just started in the last two weeks, at least that I noticed. I haven't made any changes to my Homeseer events or anything else in at least a month or more. I could turn off HS3 and see, but it has only turned off randomly every couple days. I'd have a lot more things not working if HS3 was turned off for any length of time.

Comment

If you are seeing this reported in the HS3 log file you can at least work around the issue by turning it back on with an event.
                -Rupp
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X