Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Speaking not working - not sure where to look?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaking not working - not sure where to look?

Sure looks like they're connecting correctly. Android:
    Mar-27 6:06:30 PM Speaker Speaker host added, Name: HomeSeer Instance: M5-Office IP address: 192.168.253.114
    Mar-27 6:06:30 PM HSTouch Server Connecting speaker client to HomeSeer IP 192.168.253.11
    Mar-27 6:06:30 PM HSTouch Server Client Android (192.168.253.114/47300) named M5-Office has CONNECTED.
    Mar-27 6:06:29 PM HSTouch Server Opening connection from:192.168.253.114/47300
    Windows (HS server):
    Mar-27 6:09:11 PM Speaker Speaker host added, Name: HomeSeer Instance: Default IP address: 192.168.253.11
    Just no sound on any client when I send "speak something" events. It used to work... 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

any changes to win media player? Any changes to .net? Did you by chance change your voices?

Here is a url to RPrade test event . You could test each speak device this way.

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...peak-something

Any chance your events got corrupted?

Have you tried reinstalling the speaker client?

http://homeseer.com/updates3/SetupSpeaker.exe

Hope this gives you a few place to look.

Comment

Thank you, AllHailJ . Good basic troubleshooting reminders.

The "Speak Something" event is what I'm testing with.

The clients are not working on either Windows or Android (HSTouch) or Chromecast. Hm... is there something to be done with the TTS somewhere? 🤔

Comment

Not that I am aware of.

Did you try reinstalling SetupSpeaker.exe?

Did you make any changes to your router or firewall?

Comment

Network for all these devices is flat - no router or firewall involved. And no software firewall enabled on the HS server. I don't see a SetupSpeaker.exe file? But wouldn't that be for the Windows client side? Not for the HSTouch clients? and the Chromecast clients? Seems like they should work if they show as connected speaker clients... Hm.

Comment

SetupSpeaker.exe should be in you HomeSeer Directory. If it is not you should download and put it there. You can download from

http://homeseer.com/updates3/SetupSpeaker.exe

My understanding is that Homeseer converts text to a .wav file and sends this file to the client. Only way voices would work consistently.

Have you tried playing an MP3 or Wav file from an event?

Regards

Comment

Heck... nothing working... install SpeakerSetup.exe... nope... reboot... reinstall HS... nothing. Go have a cup of espresso and a short nap? Working now. LOL

Thank you for your help.

Comment

It was the nap - you willed it into submission. ;-) Glad it's working.

Comment

Working...
                X