Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS3 Import Devices - Zwave

Hi Guys,

Well, after 12 years of amazing service... My HomeTroller with HSPro 2 died.... After trying to get HS2 installed on another machine without success, I decided it might be a good idea to finally move to HS3 - something I have purchased 4 years ago.... LOL...

I have a Ztroller Zwave Serial device with 32 devices stored and they have been imported to HS3 but they dont operate and some don't show up correctly.

Here is the ask: How do I fix these devices?

Issues:
    1) Locks do not show up at all
    2) Thermostats (Zwave Trane) show up in the devices list as just one device - BL State does not see them and I can't pull up any temps.
    3) The HSM Temp and Light sensor does not show up at all

Background:
    1) HS3 Pro - Latest Version from updater
    2) Installed on Celeron Dual Core Windows 10 Home box
    3) HS Ztroller - Serial Version
    4) HSPro CAN SEE the Ztroller and interact with devices at the root level.
    Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Rescan any nodes that don’t show up properly. For the locks, there’s an encryption key in one of the HS2 files that needs to be entered into a different file in HS3. Let me see if I can dig up the post on that. If you don’t have access to a backup of your HS2 files, then your only option is to remove the locks and re-add them.
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

HI Sparkman! That would be VERY helpful if you have instructions on that. I searched the KB and didn't come up with the information. I do have access to the whole SSD from HS2 so I can pull whatever I need off and over to the new computer.

For the devices, I tried to rescan and the device failed...

When I rescan one of Therms, as an example, I get this:
      Apr-06 3:42:42 PM Z-Wave Warning Failed to retrieve Z-Wave class information for node 12, device synchronization/creation will not continue for this node.
      Apr-06 3:42:42 PM Z-Wave Cannot reach node 12, will not import any information about this node.
      Apr-06 3:42:34 PM Z-Wave Checking if we can reach node 12
      Apr-06 3:42:34 PM Z-Wave Getting class information for node 12...
      Apr-06 3:42:34 PM Z-Wave Device synchronization needs to get Z-Wave class information for one node.
      Apr-06 3:42:34 PM Z-Wave Syncing Z-Wave nodes with device list...
      Apr-06 3:42:34 PM Z-Wave Found 24 Z-Wave nodes
      Apr-06 3:42:34 PM Z-Wave Getting Z-Wave node list for network 003D7B1A...

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

Ok, the link is here: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...om-hs2-working. Basically, copy the security key from the HS2 settings.ini file to the z-wave.ini file in HS3.

Comment

THANK YOU for sending this along...

I am still getting this error:

Apr-06 4:39:34 PM Z-Wave Warning Failed to retrieve Z-Wave class information for node 10, device synchronization/creation will not continue for this node.

Apr-06 4:39:34 PM Z-Wave Cannot reach node 10, will not import any information about this node.

Apr-06 4:39:26 PM Z-Wave Checking if we can reach node 10

Apr-06 4:39:26 PM Z-Wave Getting class information for node 10...

Apr-06 4:39:26 PM Z-Wave Device synchronization needs to get Z-Wave class information for one node.

The Ztroller is connected as it did import all of the devices. It just can't pull the classes or send any data to them. Optimization fails too...

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2020-04-06 at 4.47.53 PM.png Views:	0 Size:	227.7 KB ID:	1375634

Comment

I would do a backup of the z-troller and restore the backup to it.

Comment

I think I have SUCCESS!!!!

The locks are still throwing errors though...

Apr-06 5:47:18 PM Z-Wave Enabling Lock status for Kwikset device Node 10 Z-Wave Sigma Entry Control (10)

Apr-06 5:47:18 PM Z-Wave Node 10 is Z-Wave version: Lib: 2.78 App: 1.3

Apr-06 5:47:13 PM Z-Wave Node: 10 Supports Class(es): MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC_V2, VERSION, SECURITY

Apr-06 5:47:13 PM Z-Wave Z-Wave manufacturer information for node 10, ID: 144=90H (Kwikset), Type: 1=1H, ID: 1=1H

Apr-06 5:47:13 PM Z-Wave Z-Wave manufacturer information for node 10, ID: 144=90H (Kwikset), Type: 1=1H, ID: 1=1H

Apr-06 5:47:12 PM Z-Wave Warning If this is an import, you may need to remove and add the device as some devices cannot be added with an import.

Apr-06 5:47:12 PM Z-Wave Warning Failed to get a SECURITY SCHEME or verify the key from node 10. Device may not be added properly to HomeSeer.

Apr-06 5:47:12 PM Z-Wave Error Z-Wave was unable to negotiate a compatible security scheme with node 10

Apr-06 5:47:01 PM Z-Wave Adding using S0 Security, Negotiating or Verifying SECURITY SCHEME for node 10

Apr-06 5:47:01 PM Z-Wave Ztroller Serial: Node 10 supports class: COMMAND_CLASS_SECURITY

Apr-06 5:47:01 PM Z-Wave Ztroller Serial: Node 10 supports class: COMMAND_CLASS_VERSION

Apr-06 5:47:01 PM Z-Wave Ztroller Serial: Node 10 supports class: COMMAND_CLASS_MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC_V2

Apr-06 5:47:01 PM Z-Wave Ztroller Serial: Node 10 is reporting 2 command classes in the node information.

Apr-06 5:46:59 PM Z-Wave Ztroller Serial: Contacting node 10 to get supported features

Apr-06 5:46:58 PM Z-Wave Checking if we can reach node 10

Apr-06 5:46:58 PM Z-Wave Getting class information for node 10...

Apr-06 5:46:58 PM Z-Wave Device synchronization needs to get Z-Wave class information for one node.

Apr-06 5:46:58 PM Z-Wave Syncing Z-Wave nodes with device list...

What suggestions do you have?

Comment

Did you shut down HS before making the changes to the INI file? You may need to bring the locks very close to the z-troller while it is connected to your HS PC, or bring the z-troller to the locks, but while it is connected and then rescan. Also, make sure there is a new set of batteries in the lock.

Comment

OOOOOhhh... No, I did NOT shut down HS before I changed the INI...

EEEEK - I know better too!!! So did I botch it good?

Comment

Originally posted by Dafunktyfunk View Post
                    OOOOOhhh... No, I did NOT shut down HS before I changed the INI...

EEEEK - I know better too!!! So did I botch it good?
                    No, should be fine. Shut it down now and double check the settings and update them if needed. The issue is likely the proximity of the locks.

Comment

Ok, with the help of sparkman, I am 98% in BUSINESS!! There are only 4 devices that did not come back - 2 locks and 2 sensors.

One of these two is a HomeSeer HSM200 and the other is a battery operated zwave motion sensor.
                      ull Name: Node 17 Z-Wave Sigma On/Off Sensor Polling: Polling Disabled
                      Manufacturer:
                      Sigma Designs
                      Type:
                      0x0
                      ID:
                      0x0
                      Listens:
                      No
                      Version: (Not Available) Neighbor Count:
                      Speed:
                      40Kbps
                      Neighbors:
                      Uses Interface: Ztroller Serial (May change next Optimize) Basic Type: ROUTING SLAVE, Generic Type: SENSOR BINARY, Specific Type: ROUTING SENSOR BINARY
                      No Command Class Information Available.
                      ull Name: Node 21 Z-Wave Sigma Notification Sensor Polling: Polling Disabled
                      Manufacturer:
                      Sigma Designs
                      Type:
                      0x0
                      ID:
                      0x0
                      Listens:
                      Yes
                      Version: (Not Available) Neighbor Count:
                      Speed:
                      100Kbps
                      Neighbors:
                      Uses Interface: Ztroller Serial (May change next Optimize) Basic Type: ROUTING SLAVE, Generic Type: SENSOR NOTIFICATION, Specific Type: NOTIFICATION SENSOR
                      No Command Class Information Available.

Comment

Did you wake up the battery powered sensor before rescanning it?

Comment

Thanks, sparkman! I did not!!! But now i did and GOOD NEWS!!! The zwave motion sensor is working and that takes 17 off the list!!! Now I am just left with Node 21 which is a HSM200...

Nothing happens with that one... No lights on the device or nothing... It's never been used!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X