HS3 VS HS3 Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS3 VS HS3 Pro

Looking at homeseer for my home security & zwave devices. What is the difference between HS3 & HS3 Pro?

https://homeseer.com/home-automation...HS3_COMPARISON

Short story:

Pro includes the following features that non-Pro does not:
    - All Homeseer branded plugins included free (third party plugins excluded)
    - HSTouch included
    - z-Seer included
    - z-flash included

In my opinion, including the touch and plugin licenses is well worth the price of Pro. If you're not in a rush, wait until Black Friday, they usually have a 50% off sale. But either way, it's worth it if you have any desire to add more than just one or two plugins and/or utilize hsTouch.

Comment

Look hard. Very hard.
      Make sure you understand HS itself will do very little and you'll need to dump many more $'s into plugins to do what you may want to do.
      Not trying to tell you not to buy it, just saying do your research. Know what you're getting into.

Comment

HS4 may be a different story, but at this point in time, there is exactly one (1) HS3 paid plugin provided by HomeSeer Tech: HomeSeer DSC Security, $39.95.

I purchased HS3PRO in late 2015 and the base application has performed well. If I knew then what I know now, I've have saved some $$ and gone standard.

Comment

Over the generation between original HS an HS3 the mix of bundled vs. add-on plugins from HST has changed for the standard version. In my opinion the HST plugins provide minimum functionality. They need to provide sufficient capability so it can be advertised that the interface is supported.

in general, 3rd party plugins are developed by those who have a need to use the plugin interface and will provide a richer implementation and will usually be more available to support and grow the capability list. Do your research by looking at the forums for the interface that interests you.

I have HS standard and HS PRO for various generations and have never actually applied anything that was in HS PRO. It was future-proofing for the PRO that was overcome by a new HS version so the future never came.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
            Over the generation between original HS an HS3 the mix of bundled vs. add-on plugins from HST has changed for the standard version. In my opinion the HST plugins provide minimum functionality. They need to provide sufficient capability so it can be advertised that the interface is supported.

in general, 3rd party plugins are developed by those who have a need to use the plugin interface and will provide a richer implementation and will usually be more available to support and grow the capability list. Do your research by looking at the forums for the interface that interests you.

I have HS standard and HS PRO for various generations and have never actually applied anything that was in HS PRO. It was future-proofing for the PRO that was overcome by a new HS version so the future never came.
            Indeed I was surprised at how many of the hs3 plugins are now free. For people who don’t need HS Touch, it probably isn’t worth getting Pro these days. If you use HS Touch and the other software they provide, it is still cheaper to buy Pro.

Comment

Originally posted by paul View Post

Indeed I was surprised at how many of the hs3 plugins are now free. For people who don’t need HS Touch, it probably isn’t worth getting Pro these days. If you use HS Touch and the other software they provide, it is still cheaper to buy Pro.
              HS Touch was the reason for me to purchase PRO but since no one at my place messes with a touch screen when they can just yell at Google or Alexa to do it, that’s what they do. All the information I was putting on the touch screen (like weather) you can just ask about so no need to have a touch screen here. I took mine down. Now as far as plugins I own quite a few but I can see the position HS is in, they have to make more included free to keep up with the competition (Hubitat, Smartthings, etc.). I will continue to support the HS developer’s work but honestly you can run a very robust system with just the free plugins. So for me I won’t buy PRO again.

Comment

Working...
              X