No announcement yet.

Zooz Z-Wave Power Strip Watts Bug?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m running on HS4 but you can do it on HS3 by just creating an event using the HT controller and you can see the device reboot. Just set the days and time reboot. On HS4 after reboot 15 minutes I also do a sync. I can’t remember if sync is available (exposed) on HS3 but you shouldn’t need it, should be fine. This reboot is a safe reboot, not pulling the plug type.

Comment

Got it. Thanks!

Comment

After sitting in my closet for 1.5 years... i finally had a need for this. After several rescans, i got all 19 devices. But when i turn on outlet 1, 3 also goes on. Seems similar to what you guys were seeing. Still has firmware 2.0 (2.3 is now out).

Anything new on these or advice? Anybody install the 2.3 firmeware?

THanks.

EDIT: seems every outlet also turns #3 on. But not off. You can control 3 on/off independently.

Comment

I sent in a ticket back in Feb 2020 about the Zooz multirelay having similar problems. Was told that this would be looked at after Hs4 was released. I sent an email as a follow up on this ticket Aug 2020 and I am still waiting for a response.......
          Just in case anyone is checking its Ticket 73387
          Stuart

Comment

Originally posted by Tomgru View Post
            After sitting in my closet for 1.5 years... i finally had a need for this. After several rescans, i got all 19 devices. But when i turn on outlet 1, 3 also goes on. Seems similar to what you guys were seeing. Still has firmware 2.0 (2.3 is now out).

Anything new on these or advice? Anybody install the 2.3 firmeware?

THanks.

EDIT: seems every outlet also turns #3 on. But not off. You can control 3 on/off independently.
            I did not know they already have v2.3 but a couple of months ago, I've upgraded my strips to v2.2 - in the hope that it would help the HS case.

It does not look like the problem is firmware (or in general, Zooz) -related. When connected to some other, non-specified, hub, the strips work fine regardless of the Strip firmware version (and even in this, somewhat messy, situation they are having with the recently released hardware/firmware).

The 'second' channel that turns on (and btw, off) is a HS random pick. I've seen #3, 4, and 5.

As a temporary measure, you can poll the strip (every time the channels change their states). Polling corrects the 'secondary' channel indicator.
            Unfortunately, it does not help with the power-reading issue.

Comment

Ok..thanks.

zooz got back to me on the newer firmware and said it's only for a newer version of the strip.

Comment

Working...
              X