No announcement yet.

Events running same external app at the same time results in a dictionary error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Events running same external app at the same time results in a dictionary error

I have an event that runs four other events, each running an external process (powershell.exe). I have some logging in my PS script, but of course need to add more. It looks like three of the four events ran fine (based on the fact that three of the four shades were open this morning). One shade didn't open this morning, but did when I manually ran the event. There are three errors in the HS log, all identical:

Launching application: \Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe->Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: 'Launch_08-May-2020 05:59:35.28405584_\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\p owershell.exe' Key being added: 'Launch_08-May-2020 05:59:35.28405584_\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\p owershell.exe'

I am making an educated guess that the way HS is keeping track of multiple events running at the same time and that launch an external process (though each has a unique parameter where I provide a shade ID) is via a hash table (dictionary) based on the UTC time it started. Based on my explanation of what I am doing, can you explain why the error is happening (and what it means)? If it is purely a timing issue, I have thought about changing the script to support multi-value shade ID parameter so I can have HS launch one script that opens all four shades.

Thanks,

Scott

I have had similar issues on linux. I had to add some wait time between actions which corrected the problem. It appears the event would execute all of my actions that used an external process before one could finish. I think if you delay 1-2 seconds between actions it will fix the error.

Comment

Working...
    X